Author Topic: 1 2 3 combo  (Read 756 times)

Offline pizzablogger

1 2 3 combo
« on: January 08, 2011, 10:34:01 AM »
On Megabus right now heading to NYC on a last minute trip to visit a friend in Greenpoint, Brooklyn for the weekend. Snowing...get me there safe Mr. Bus Driver! :)

On way over to Brooklyn, gonna stop by South Brooklyn Pizza's new East Village location, then Artichoke Basilles on 14th for a grandma slice and then check out Best Pizza in Williamsburg.

Haven't been to the new South Brooklyn location, nor to Best Pizza yet. Exciting when I get to visit a new place. Best Pizza has been getting a lot of hype as a slice joint of the caliber found more often in the borough of Kings many a moon ago. We'll see !

I'll put up some pics  here when I get back and Tweet on location.

Happy pizza-ing this weekend everyone! :)
"It's Baltimore, gentlemen, the gods will not save you." --Burrell

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
Re: 1 2 3 combo
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 12:38:49 PM »
 looking forward to you report. best pizza is financed by roberta's ,as you said it is geting good reviews. keep your lense free of tomato sauce,we need pics!!

Offline pizzablogger

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 03:28:13 PM »
Well %$#....put my gloves in my hat, laid it on the counter in a super crowded artichoke, turned around for a second or two and bam!....hat and gloves gone!

Offline pizzablogger

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 07:18:35 PM »
Some pictures of South Brooklyn Pizza in the East Village.

NY Style pizzas fired in a gas deck oven...maybe leaning towards a New York-Neapolitan Style, but splitting hairs at that point over style.

Very nice outer snap-inner chew texture combination....the outer crust was almost rustically hearty in texture. The crust had some actual flavor to it as well, which is always a nice change from the usual slice joint suspects.

The sauce was vibrant and fresh, the mozzarella home made, of very high quality and creamy and the addition of fresh oregano was a nice touch for both the flavor and perfumed aromatics it lent to the slice. Nice ratios of sauce-crust-cheese.

The hardcore enthusiast would have likely wanted a better crumb/hole structure and a little more developed flavors in the crust (don't we always!), but on the day I went at least, the regular slice and the Sicilian were significantly better than average on all counts and a product displaying care and passion. Very good slice joint serving some of the better slices I have tried in Manhattan (again, based on the one day I was there).

Jack was quite a friendly and funny character. If you ever in the area (1st avenue between St.Mark's & 7th Street), this is a great option for a good slice or two. Love the fresh vegetables displayed right there on the counter/make table. The Manhattan Special Espresso Soda on draft is killer! :)

I blabbed more about this spot over at my place, so you can read about it there if you'd like. Some short video of the place coming soon. Cheers! --K  :)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:22:15 PM by pizzablogger »

pizzapan