Author Topic: Technique or Tools  (Read 768 times)

Offline StrayBullet

Technique or Tools
« on: January 22, 2011, 04:00:27 PM »
So do the clothes really make the chef? :D  My wife loves to sew and will hopefully turn a profit in the future...but between the "real" stuff (like scarves, hand-bags, quilts, etc) she makes this kinda thing for me :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 07:54:45 PM by StrayBullet »

Offline msheetrit

Re: Technique or Tools
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 04:51:46 PM »
 :)
michael

buceriasdon

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 04:55:31 PM »
Need the floppy hat to complete the ensemble.  :D

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 05:31:12 PM »
Mark, I love it!  Tell you wife if she's interested in making another I will purchase a pair.  34" waist and 30 length.   She should make the waist expandable.  :-D

Also do these have pockets?  ;D

Chau
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 05:33:10 PM by Jackie Tran »

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 05:49:49 PM »
They look like chefs pants, just with slices on them. Very cool. Chau all chef wear clothing are made with rubber band waists.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 06:18:47 PM »
34" waist and 30 length. 

Chau,

With all the pizzas and breads you have been eating, are you sure of the waist measurement  ;D? Did you mistype and meant to say 44"? I can see why you want the expandable waistband.

BTW, the best topic heading I have seen on this forum is scott r's post at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,1226.msg10987.html#msg10987.

Peter

parallei

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 06:19:24 PM »
Sweeeeeet... ;D

Mine would be, ah, a bit larger than Chau's.  I'm thinking pockets and a "hammer strap" to hang a fellow's (or gal's) IR thermometer.  Let us know when she is ready to go into production.

Paralleli

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 06:33:02 PM »
Mark,

I really like the chef’s pants your wife made for you.  :)  She is talented!  All those pizzas on your pants should give you a lot of inspiration.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 06:38:40 PM »
Chau,

With all the pizzas and breads you have been eating, are you sure of the waist measurement  ;D? Did you mistype and meant to say 44"? I can see why you want the expandable waistband.

BTW, the best topic heading I have seen on this forum is scott r's post at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,1226.msg10987.html#msg10987.

Peter

That is a great thread by Scott r. To be honest Peter, I was a 34" w but even my pants have been getting a bit too tight lately and that's before dinner!.  :o  I'm going to have to go on a diet very soon or quite makin bread and pizza.  Having said that though, I do have a loaf of bread in the oven right now.  :-D

Chau
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 07:15:29 PM by Jackie Tran »

Offline StrayBullet

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 07:28:12 PM »
Mark, I love it!  Tell you wife if she's interested in making another I will purchase a pair.  34" waist and 30 length.   She should make the waist expandable.  :-D

Also do these have pockets?  ;D

Chau

Thanks everyone, I love it when she finds hobby related bolts of material...she's also got several that are coffee themed :)

And yes Chau, this version does have pockets...they're very light-weight, almost pajama like but great in the kitchen (ie chefs pants) due to the heat.

I don't know if she bought the entire bolt or not but if there's more material I'm sure she'd love to make another set!  I've been trying to convince her to open up a website and develop items that can be sold for a decent price but could be put together relatively easily and in short time.  We'll get there someday!

Mark

Offline StrayBullet

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 07:35:08 PM »
OUCH!!!

$25 worth of material and 4 hours labor...she only bought enough to make the single pair but more material is available if anyone is serious...I'm looking your way Chau :D

Mark

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 09:15:41 PM »
Thanks Mark, PM sent.

Chau