Author Topic: Naples Pizza  (Read 3485 times)

Offline ebpizza

Re: Naples Pizza
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2010, 02:29:50 PM »
here is a video from DaMichele

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht_7ch25G_Q" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht_7ch25G_Q</a>

Offline andreguidon

• Hot WFO always !!!
    • www.andreguidon.com
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2010, 03:29:05 PM »
cool !!
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Selma

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2010, 12:28:42 AM »
It seems great pizza ever! What is the exact location of Naples Pizza? I really love pizza and I would definitely like to try the place!

« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 02:45:10 AM by Selma »

Offline StrayBullet

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2010, 10:44:48 AM »
It's really funny to think back on my time in Naples, comparing what I know now to what I knew then ;)

Naples was my first foreign port-of-call way back in '88 and to this day I'll always remember the city for having the "worst pizza in the Med" along with being an extremely dirty city :o

Being young and naive, when we didn't get what we used to back in the states, we immediately dismissed it as "bad."  I'm also sure we never ended up in any of the finer establishments around the city serving artisan pies.

I'd love to go back now with the added years of experience :)

And btw, some of the best pizza we had was in Haifa Israel....along with great looking female guards armed with sub-machine guns  ;D

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2010, 12:28:18 PM »
Pizza looks so good. I've gotten my wife into pizza a little as ive really gotten into it and I showed her the pics and said which 2 are the famous amazing pizzas, which 2 aren't. Only took 2 seconds. She's quoted as saying "it's all about the crust". I'd love to try some,... Italy someday

Offline pizzard

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2011, 10:49:53 PM »
Looks a lot like Antica Pizzeria in Marina del Rey.  If anyone gets the opportunity...check it out!

http://www.anticapizzeria.net/

There is a photo gallery of their pizzas on their website...yum.   :P

Offline scott123

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2011, 11:03:00 PM »
There is a photo gallery of their pizzas on their website...yum.   :P

While I have to commend them on their abundance of Caputo aprons (and Caputo gear in general), the consistency leaves a little to be desired.  Don't get me wrong, some of the pizzas look amazing, but a small handful seem to reveal inconsistent (lower) oven temps as well as fermentation issues.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 01:25:41 PM »
those pizzas are from vpn restaurants certified by the owner of antica, pizzas from antica as well as pizzas from italy . i agree that they are all over the place. the vpn recipe is a starting point ,how it is used make a big difference in the finished product.

pizzapan