Author Topic: My attempt at Peteza's Cracker Style Pizza  (Read 3193 times)

Offline VarunS

My attempt at Peteza's Cracker Style Pizza
« on: January 14, 2011, 07:40:16 AM »
I would like to thank everyone on this board for the wealth of information that is available and shared freely, it is just awesome!

So the last few times i made this pizza it turned out to be a little soft and chewy at the center and not biscuity with a snap. Whenever I make smaller ones like really mini for hor dourves they turn out great so i used to wonder why the bigger ones dint feel right. Today I realized that they were not being rolled thin enough.

Here is my pizza!

I am quite happy with the result :) though shape dosent maintain after rolling it out real thin or so i think. Taste/ Texture was super

Offline BTB

Re: My attempt at Peteza's Cracker Style Pizza
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 10:49:18 AM »
Pizza looks great.  Thanks for the pictures especially.  With such, we can follow along closely on what you are talking about.  Which recipe specifically did you use?  Sometimes its good to put the exact formulation into your posting rather than having the reader click or look elsewhere.  (Or if one says "the one at the beginning (of this large) thread.")  But again, the pictures of your final pizza product looks fantastic and makes my mouth water for some of that.

Good job.  And welcome to our website.

--BTB

Offline VarunS

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 04:58:19 PM »
Thanks for the kind words BTB

Sorry,this is the recipe I used

Flour (100%):278.15 g  |  9.81 oz | 0.61 lbs

Water (36%):100.13 g  |  3.53 oz | 0.22 lbs

IDY (1%):2.78 g | 0.1 oz | 0.01 lbs | 0.92 tsp | 0.31 tbsp

Salt (1.75%):4.87 g | 0.17 oz | 0.01 lbs | 0.87 tsp | 0.29 tbsp

Vegetable (Soybean) Oil (3.5%):9.74 g | 0.34 oz | 0.02 lbs | 2.14 tsp | 0.71 tbsp

Sugar (1.2%):3.34 g | 0.12 oz | 0.01 lbs | 0.84 tsp | 0.28 tbsp

Total (143.45%):399.01 g | 14.07 oz | 0.88 lbs | TF = 0.07

I mixed all the flour and yeast. Pulsed half that mixture in the food processor along with all the water. After 10 mins I added the rest of the ingredients and pulsed again a few times. I then let the processor run for about 30 seconds. I then gathered everything and formed it into a ball and placed it in a bowl which i wrapped with plastic. I let this sit at room temp for 24 hours after which i rolled it real thin.

FYI- I used regular A.P flour which I get at my supermarket.

buceriasdon

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 05:52:00 PM »
I use a straight sided thick walled water glass to roll with, not a wide roller. I find it requires much less effort to get thin quickly and easier to work certain areas. I don't have a nice marble roller, never will most likely. Nice looking pie.
Don

Offline VarunS

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 04:00:08 AM »
Hey don

That seems like a neat trick you found there. I too found it hard to roll it out really thin with the big rolling pin.

I have a small one as well which we use to make Rotis at home and it works very well.

pizzapan