Author Topic: Our New SF oven!!!!  (Read 4457 times)

Offline NJPizzaiolo

Our New SF oven!!!!
« on: January 11, 2011, 09:26:27 PM »
Wow,is all I can say.Used my new oven for two days and what a difference.Not only do they cook better,but I used half the wood I used to.Strongly consider if you run a wood fired pizzeria.

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
Re: Our New SF oven!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 10:20:10 PM »
Would love to see some pics of your pies when you can.That said,that oven looks superb!
 8)
-Bill

Offline NJPizzaiolo

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 10:46:01 PM »
Would love to see some pics of your pies when you can.That said,that oven looks superb!
 8)
Here ya go !!!

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 10:48:59 PM »
SF oven??

It must be made in San Francisco! Great looking oven, bro.

Juuust kidding... ;D

I know, they are Stefano Ferrara ovens, correct? Good stuff.
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline ponzu

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 11:21:36 PM »
There' s been a lot of speculation on the true cost of a SF oven. So how much did it really cost?

AZ

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 11:52:45 PM »
Wow,nice looking NP Pie there...what temps do you cook at? What is your basic dough and flour types consist of?
 8)
-Bill

Offline NJPizzaiolo

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 12:03:35 AM »
There' s been a lot of speculation on the true cost of a SF oven. So how much did it really cost?

AZ
Oven cost me around 12 grand,delivered.Worth every penny.

Offline NJPizzaiolo

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 12:04:45 AM »
Wow,nice looking NP Pie there...what temps do you cook at? What is your basic dough and flour types consist of?
 8)

Cook between 8 and 9 hundred,use Caputo,sea salt and my own starter,that I keep going weekly.And water,of course.

Offline koloa101

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 11:48:49 AM »
That pizza looks wonderful. Where are you located, I'd like to try!

Offline NJPizzaiolo

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 01:21:50 PM »
That pizza looks wonderful. Where are you located, I'd like to try!

Thanks,In Glendale az,our website is www.lapiazzaalforno.com

Online dzpiez

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 10:25:10 PM »
Great lookin' oven and pie.  Next time I'm in AZ I'll have to stop in.  Just wondering how long it took from the time you ordered it to the time it was delivered????

Offline NJPizzaiolo

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 10:40:47 PM »
Great lookin' oven and pie.  Next time I'm in AZ I'll have to stop in.  Just wondering how long it took from the time you ordered it to the time it was delivered????
About 3 months,was worth the anticipation,dont know how I operated with an earthstone for 3 years.

Offline DodgerBlue

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 11:20:19 PM »
Wow, the oven and pies look excellent. Can't wait to stop by next time I'm up in phoenix. I'll tell some friends that should be real close if you're in Glendale. Twelve grand isn't bad at all, I'm still a ways off from getting one, but good to know it can be done with a little lead time.

Erich

Offline GotRocks

• Trying to get financing sucks!
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 01:17:30 PM »
About 3 months,was worth the anticipation,dont know how I operated with an earthstone for 3 years.

I was just going to ask what brand you were using before, I looked at earthstone, and the design just doesn't seem right to me. Do you credit your new found fuel economy to interior design or exterior insulation?
I have been leaning towards forno bravo for a few different reasons, the main one is that it is UL & NSF approved and my zoning and health department guys are sticklers for those ratings. Anything without an NSF tag requires me to apply for a variance. Doe the SF oven have NSF cert's?
I am in Northern WI and I hope to have my WFO installed and running by mid July 2011.
A skinny cook is not to be trusted!

Offline NJPizzaiolo

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 02:19:19 PM »
I was just going to ask what brand you were using before, I looked at earthstone, and the design just doesn't seem right to me. Do you credit your new found fuel economy to interior design or exterior insulation?
I have been leaning towards forno bravo for a few different reasons, the main one is that it is UL & NSF approved and my zoning and health department guys are sticklers for those ratings. Anything without an NSF tag requires me to apply for a variance. Doe the SF oven have NSF cert's?
I am in Northern WI and I hope to have my WFO installed and running by mid July 2011.

Hey Buddy,the Sf ovens are ul listed now,which is great ,I credit the wood economy to the interior made of real bricks,not prefab and the low dome and small enclosure .

Offline GotRocks

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 11:31:15 AM »
Hey Buddy,the Sf ovens are ul listed now,which is great ,I credit the wood economy to the interior made of real bricks,not prefab and the low dome and small enclosure .

Thanks, I'll look into seeing what it'll take to get one here.
I currently burn red oak cherry, and sugar maple in my BBQ pit, so I plan to go a mix of oak and maple in the WFO too, mostly oak for the live flame, and a little maple for the great coals it produces.
What are you finding for your favored fuelwood?

Offline NJPizzaiolo

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 01:12:36 PM »
Thanks, I'll look into seeing what it'll take to get one here.
I currently burn red oak cherry, and sugar maple in my BBQ pit, so I plan to go a mix of oak and maple in the WFO too, mostly oak for the live flame, and a little maple for the great coals it produces.
What are you finding for your favored fuelwood?
I use an oak and pecan mix.

Offline cliffgarz

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »
Very nice I can't wait to order mine

Offline GotRocks

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 11:56:09 AM »
I use an oak and pecan mix.

I love pecan wood for cooking, it has great burn characteristics and flavor without all the harshness typically associated with Hickory. (speaking in BBQ terms right now)
 I am truly jealous that I am not in an area where it is available. Hickory is even out of reach for me due to my geographical location.

Thank you for sharing your review on the SF oven, I am already doing my research to get one here!
I love this forum, great info with zero "holier than thou" attitude to deal with unlike a few other well known forums

espresso

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 08:51:47 AM »
Best of luck

pizzapan