Author Topic: Overkill, What do you think?  (Read 681 times)

Offline wucactus1

Overkill, What do you think?
« on: January 13, 2011, 05:23:16 PM »
Heres a link to an awesome show on Travel Channel...This puts two jumbo slice places that spawned from the same origin head to head...Is this style of pizza overkill?  I would to hear your opinions about the size as well as every other facet of their pizza and feel free to post other crazy or just cool vids/pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/brendenfraser#p/search/2/U-eqbqQpTiM

Offline cranky

Re: Overkill, What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 05:29:57 PM »
Heres a link to an awesome show on Travel Channel...This puts two jumbo slice places that spawned from the same origin head to head...Is this style of pizza overkill?  I would to hear your opinions about the size as well as every other facet of their pizza and feel free to post other crazy or just cool vids/pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/brendenfraser#p/search/2/U-eqbqQpTiM

Not overkill.  Just a silly gimmick the brothers play off one another to get attention.  Its called marketing.  My slice is bigger than yours.  So what? 

Offline wucactus1

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 11:38:51 PM »
its crazy...I was always against conveyor ovens, i guess im a purist, but I keep seeing these place like pizza mart and jumbo turn out amazing looking grease slices at enormous size that seem better than any other Ny street slices...why and how do they get that crust so amazingly floppy and the cheese so gooey...?

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 03:09:58 AM »
They look like typical greasy NY style slices,just alot bigger!
 :-D

With all that cheese,sauce and etc,you're gonna get some oil and flop there!

I have no idea how it tastes...Im a purist too,I cannot stand conveyor belt pizzas and for one,they never taste quite the same as a deck or high temp oven pie.That said,maybe its alot like a very large dominos?

Very Soft crusts,super soft rims,ala conveyor belt pies,never did it for me.Those pies are also probably too large to even benefit from a deck oven or something better.I do not doubt that the large conveyor oven required does the job,but I seriously doubt it has a crust worthy of praise here.

The rest of the world,what do they care how it's made?They love to eat too!I do love the marketing idea though! Might be a nice money maker!
 ;)
-Bill

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 05:52:39 AM »
That was awesome! Thanks for posting that! :D

Now to go back and watch the other videos. :)
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 07:35:08 AM »
Check out the Chicago style one. :pizza:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TB_DRIO7vk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TB_DRIO7vk</a>
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline wucactus1

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 11:16:48 AM »
Grimaldi and johns has an episode from the same guy you Gould be able to see it onthe side bar...I have never had pizza from either,but I ignorantly picked a pizzeria based on how it looks and what I MAY like if I visited...needless to say my imaginary favorite pizza didn't win, guess I'll have to got to new York and try it my self!