Author Topic: Mobile Wood Fired Pizza Trailers  (Read 11265 times)

Offline wannabeapizzaman

Mobile Wood Fired Pizza Trailers
« on: January 16, 2011, 12:43:04 PM »
Wannabeapizzaman here,
I have been researching this for a long time, I looked into the Firewithin his units are not that expensive, can you get a mobile license for them? I also looked into Pizzamanmikes units they are a lot more$ but he guarantee's a mobile license. What is the difference? I looked at a few other companies but wasn't impressed. Can anyone help me out on this

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
Re: Mobile Wood Fired Pizza Trailers
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 01:42:11 PM »
You should go to your local Heath Department, say you are looking to get a Farmer's Market License, bring some pictures of the unit and see what they say. The requirements differ from state to state.

You can also set up a call with Joe from FireWithin and he can guide you on the nuances of getting a license with his units.

John

Offline wannabeapizzaman

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 01:57:12 PM »
John,
Do you have a trailer? if so where?
Did you get a license?
I have contacted my health dept with pictures of Joseph's units and they said no way. but I could get a Temporary event license @ $95 for three days and the other county told me the most I could operate there was 21 days a year.

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 02:05:03 PM »
I do not have a trailer, but have spoken with Joe about the business and his units.

Regarding your experience and not getting anywhere with the HD: I would make sure that when you approach them, you show them the necessary documentation outlining UL specs and certifications for the oven and trailer, as well as a plan for a commissary kitchen, hand-washing, sanitation, and other standard requirements for catering. Without that information, and a well written business plan, the HD will not even look at you here in MA.

John
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 02:14:59 PM by dellavecchia »

Offline wannabeapizzaman

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 02:23:55 PM »
I have all that and more the big issue is the NSF or ETL to sanitation mark can not be verified according to the MN health dept

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 02:36:46 PM »
I have all that and more the big issue is the NSF or ETL to sanitation mark can not be verified according to the MN health dept

On the oven or your proposed supporting equipment? You have this info, correct(?):

Forno Bravo Professionale ovens have been tested and approved by Intertek Testing Services, and are ETL Listed to ANSI Z83.11b-2006, CSA 1.8b-2006, UL Subject 2162, UL 737-07, ULC Subject 1482-M1990, and NSF/ANSI Standard 4-07.

John

Offline wannabeapizzaman

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 02:59:58 PM »
John,
He sent me the info on a Premo 100, and all that if fact it was ever listed is no good as the listings expired a year ago.
as I said I have been working on this a long time.
Even If I bought a used trailer that was licensed I can not get it re licensed because of that. unless I can provide it and it seems no one has it they all have UL plates but no paperwork to back it up and ETL says since it expired (not renewed it is no longer valid)

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 03:43:38 PM »
The above is for the Professionale which came out recently. It seems you are up against some very stringent guidelines.

John

Offline wannabeapizzaman

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 07:29:41 PM »
John,
The MN health dept Said after there research The Professionale IS NOT LISTED TO THE NSR-4 Standard,  The Casa 2g line, 2 Premio sizes and the Modoesa line are the only FB ovens Tested to the NSF-4

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 07:53:36 PM »
Thanks for the update. I guess that the information presented from Forno Bravo and FireWithin may not be fully correct or fully filed, even though it is clearly stated to be NSF-4. But that is something you should email them about.

John

Offline Beatricesinferno

• Beatrice's Inferno
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 07:10:06 PM »
 I would go t YouTube and search thedeathwithin1 and take a look at the six month old trailer being cut up to see why it won't hold heat etc.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 07:35:55 PM by Beatricesinferno »
Jason

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 08:43:54 PM »
Wow,  I talked to these guys about a year ago thinking of buying one,  glad I do not have one of these.  I bet drilling several vent holes and then refilling them would fix these problems though,  without destroying the whole shell.  It is manditory to cure the oven before sealing it for good though.  Must have had a lot of orders.... http://www.youtube.com/user/thedeathwithin1

Offline jeff v

• I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
    • Pizzeria Valentino
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 10:10:36 PM »
I would go t YouTube and search thedeathwithin1 and take a look at the six month old trailer being cut up to see why it won't hold heat etc.
Wow,  I talked to these guys about a year ago thinking of buying one,  glad I do not have one of these.  I bet drilling several vent holes and then refilling them would fix these problems though,  without destroying the whole shell.  It is manditory to cure the oven before sealing it for good though.  Must have had a lot of orders.... http://www.youtube.com/user/thedeathwithin1

I would like it much better if someone had a problem with a product and or represented another company that they just said so. Then cut the oven up while telling why yours is better or talk about the experience you had. The ease and anonymity of saying "I would go to youtube and ..." while offering nothing about who you are or what you are trying to accomplish is amatuer at best IMO. Then if everything is up and up give the other side a chance to refute what you are saying as there are usually two sides to a story.

Jeff

P.S. I DO NOT own a mobile pizza oven made by anyone, nor do I have any affiliation w any companies that make them. I do know what seems sincere and what seems like just another rant by someone trying to capitalize off others hard work. If I am wrong, by all means correct me.
Back to being a civilian pizza maker only.

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 06:39:05 AM »
I would like it much better if someone had a problem with a product and or represented another company that they just said so. Then cut the oven up while telling why yours is better or talk about the experience you had. The ease and anonymity of saying "I would go to youtube and ..." while offering nothing about who you are or what you are trying to accomplish is amatuer at best IMO. Then if everything is up and up give the other side a chance to refute what you are saying as there are usually two sides to a story.

Jeff

P.S. I DO NOT own a mobile pizza oven made by anyone, nor do I have any affiliation w any companies that make them. I do know what seems sincere and what seems like just another rant by someone trying to capitalize off others hard work. If I am wrong, by all means correct me.

Jeff - I believe that Beatrice's Inferno also uses a Fire Within mobile oven. It is not the same one as pictured in the YouTube videos, so I am not sure what the motivation is behind the post.

http://www.beatricesinferno.com/

John

Offline jeff v

• I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
    • Pizzeria Valentino
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2011, 09:48:02 AM »
Hi John,

Thanks for the link. Based on their blog, twitter, and facebook they haven't been too active lately. Maybe they are taking the winter off or ? I'm not sure of their motivation either and that was my point-I wish they would have talked about the experience w their oven firsthand instead of being as vague as they were. The videos while not being on a cometitors youtube channel have that competitor in them and mention his business. That coupled w beatrices' first two posts since joining the forum in 2010 were just to point out these videos raise a red flag to me. 

Jeff

ETA: Also, beatrices' post was coincidentaly the same day the vids were uploaded.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:31:14 AM by jeff v »
Back to being a civilian pizza maker only.

Offline wannabeapizzaman

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 09:58:41 AM »
I would assume whoever would want to waste that type of money in that way had a very good reason. I am sure we will all find out shortly.
If that was me I would at least have my name on it.

Offline Grimaldi

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2011, 04:08:45 PM »
The video was a hack job on all accounts. It was interesting, I'll credit that, and as a builder of mobile WFO's, it was especially interesting seeing how the oven was built. But, the only thing they proved was the oven was very sturdy. As far as the cosmetic complaints, which looked like normal use or misuse by the owner to me, otherwise, it was a real nice WFO on a trailer! Why was it wet underneath? I wonder, maybe lack of use and leaving it out in the weather?

I'll guarantee you one thing about that oven, in the condition it was in before they started tearing it up, it would have been easy to sell it on the used market. So, there had to have been some motivation to not sell it for its used market value. What was the motivation...I'll stick my neck out and say it wasn't for altruistic reasons :]

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 06:59:05 PM »
I still think that 99% of the problem was the gap around the perimeter of the base of the oven.  It looks like the cement/plaster/whatever had shrunk, pulling away from the edge.  Any moisture (rain,sleet,ice, snow) would have dripped directly to the bottom of the pan and the insulation pad.

Unless i mis-read something (entirely possible with this readers digest of a story) I am supprised that TFW extended any warranty to the second owner that hacked it up.  As far as the paint goes, it looked chipped only on the front of the fenders.  It looked like it had been drug down a gravel road.  Highly possible in Canada when the trans Canada highway is closed and people are forced to take an alternate route.

I got slapped on the wrist for asking to many questions, like anybody even knew who the players in the story were to begin with.  They should just be grateful that the mods and the owner of the forum let them post here to air their dirty laundry.  Now at face value we see that builder B bought a builder A's trailer and hacked it up.  I'm sure there is still more story than what we will ever find out.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

buceriasdon

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2011, 07:54:46 PM »
Jet Deck, I thought you followed this drama and intrigue, which was entertaining, much better than I did. Oh what a tangled web we weave,
when first we practise to deceive.
Don

Offline Grimaldi

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 09:06:56 PM »
I still think that 99% of the problem was the gap around the perimeter of the base of the oven.  It looks like the cement/plaster/whatever had shrunk, pulling away from the edge.  Any moisture (rain,sleet,ice, snow) would have dripped directly to the bottom of the pan and the insulation pad.

Unless i mis-read something (entirely possible with this readers digest of a story) I am supprised that TFW extended any warranty to the second owner that hacked it up.  As far as the paint goes, it looked chipped only on the front of the fenders.  It looked like it had been drug down a gravel road.  Highly possible in Canada when the trans Canada highway is closed and people are forced to take an alternate route.

I got slapped on the wrist for asking to many questions, like anybody even knew who the players in the story were to begin with.  They should just be grateful that the mods and the owner of the forum let them post here to air their dirty laundry.  Now at face value we see that builder B bought a builder A's trailer and hacked it up.  I'm sure there is still more story than what we will ever find out.

My guess is that 99% of the problem is that the trailer was flooded...lots of tell-tale signs. The rust stains on the piano hinge on the back cabinet door, comments during the video about how wet it was under the dome (that dome was thick and solid) and how wet it was under the floor tile...the whole thing looked saturated.