Author Topic: Pizza Rock / Tony Gemignani.  (Read 1281 times)

Offline sacwoodpusher

Pizza Rock / Tony Gemignani.
« on: January 17, 2011, 08:58:16 PM »
Hello all from Sacramento. Pizza Rock has opened in Sacramento. It is somehow related to Tony Gemignani.

Their website is here: http://pizzarocksacramento.com

Apparently, they are aiming to make all kinds of pizza styles, using what they consider to be "the ingredients" and "the equipment".

That section of Sacramento, on the K Street Mall is a business killer. A long time ago, they blocked traffic to most of K Street, but the concept of a walkable street and expensive/non-existent parking has been real rough on the businesses.

After the initial furor dies down, I'll try to sneak in there at a time when it is not busy. Right now, it is jammed.

Offline scott123

Re: Pizza Rock / Tony Gemignani.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 10:29:57 PM »
Tony Gemignani is listed on the 'about' page as 'owner/partner.'  Considering the number of places he owns as well as his media presence, unless he's found a way to clone himself, I think he's just a face guy.

Everything, to me, reads more like a Vegas-y pizza theater sort of thing than a commitment to good food.

I found this quote amusing:

That night Tony took home the coveted trophy with his teammates and the rest is history. To commemorate this day of 06/13, we added the 6 and 1 together and kept the 3 - that is why we only serve 73 of this award-winning Pizza Margherita each day.

Today is the 17th.  1 + 7 = 8.  I don't know about you, but I'm 8ing the sound of this place already.

Offline Glutenboy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza & Sex -- Good? Great! Bad? Still okay.
    • My Pizza Gallery
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 01:17:53 AM »
1+1= Me 2!  >:D
Quote under my pic excludes Little Caesar's.

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 08:53:16 AM »
Yup,  now hes got another non neapolitan oven.  I have never seen someone have to work a wood oven like he does in sf to achieve a only satisfactory result.  His championship oven is no good at all. -marc

pizzapan