Author Topic: Pizza Twists  (Read 1800 times)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Pizza Twists
« on: January 19, 2011, 09:06:31 AM »
Got an email from King Aurthur Co. and the word Pizza came up so... I had already whipped up a batch of 65% All trumps and %35 KABF for a same day dough experiment (excellent by the way) so I thought i would try this recipe. Its a dough sspread out filled folded in 1/2 then twisted. Filling I use Parmesean, Asiago, butter, little Mozz. and pensey pizza seasoning sorry KA. oops next post is the pre bake They came out quite good!
JOhn
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 09:14:48 AM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: Pizza Twists
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 09:13:12 AM »
allmost forgot the pre bake shot and here are the same day pies. This  was Peter Reinharts American Pie NY style dough. You Do miss some development of flavor in the dough but I liked the 65-35 very workable.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 09:15:59 AM by JConk007 »

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 09:39:36 AM »
John,

I also received the email from King Arthur about the pizza twists.  Your pizza twists look great!  ;D The fillings you used sound good. 

I never tried any Peter Reinhart doughs.  How would you compare his dough to others you have tried? 

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 11:32:36 AM »
Thanks Norma,
I did not have the cheese powder they speak of, and no intention of getting it but it looked good so I tried them.
Yes the Reinhart doughs are simple and work well I have tried almost all in the book. He uses  cups or oz. measurements,  I like grams for all, so Its not exact. I go a bit by experience, feel ,and look for some of his recipes I like the NY style shown here but would proof overnight in the fridge if I had the chance, then 4-6 hr room rise 

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 11:36:45 AM »
Thanks Norma,
I did not have the cheese powder they speak of, and no intention of getting it but it looked good so I tried them.
Yes the Reinhart doughs are simple and work well I have tried almost all in the book. He uses  cups or oz. measurements,  I like grams for all, so Its not exact. I go a bit by experience, feel ,and look for some of his recipes I like the NY style shown here but would proof overnight in the fridge if I had the chance, then 4-6 hr room rise 

John,

Your pizza twists turned out fine without the cheese powder.  ;D

Thanks for your tips if I ever get to try out Peter Reinhartís recipe.  I donít like to work in volume anymore either.  The results can be to unpredictable at times.  Your pie look good though!  :)

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

pizzapan