Author Topic: Deep Dish Cracker  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Smith1026

Deep Dish Cracker
« on: January 14, 2011, 10:43:18 PM »
Already posted this on the Monthly Challenge thread, but I am kinda proud of the results so I figured WTH...

Decided I wanted to do a deep dish cracker crust, so here we go. Used what I think is a regular cracker crust formulation. Rolled it out and formed it into a Crisco greased deep dish pan. The Crisco was more for glue on the sides of the pan than anything else. The toppings (fillings?) were prefried on the cook top. The pizza was to be half all meat (for the kids) and half supreme (sadly no mushrooms as the wife is not a fan). Dough scraps from the overhang were saved. The crust was baked at 475 until it began to brown. The crust was pulled from the oven and a layer of mozerella slices was applied. The two topping mixtures were spread into the crust. Sauce was spooned on. A layer of shredded Italian cheese was sprinkled on. Back in to the oven to heat  it all up. Went to broil on the oven to get a brown on the cheese on top.

The crust scraps were later brushed with butter, sprinkled with raw sugar and cinnamon and shoved into the oven. Daughter loved it (anything with sugar and cinnamon), rest of family was at least complimentary.   

F 100%
W 36%
ADY 1%
Salt 1%
Oil 2%
Sugar 1%

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Re: Deep Dish Cracker
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 09:34:34 PM »
Nice! Who would have thought "deep dish cracker" :chef:
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 10:13:18 PM »
The only deep dish I have made to date was similar.  Although not cracker, per se, it was a very thin, very crispy crust and I count it among my best tasting pies.

Offline Smith1026

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 02:16:51 PM »
Yeah, some may scratch their head at this, but I just wanted to be able to pile on the toppings and have it all get cooked through.

Offline android

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 04:30:09 PM »
nicely done, that pizza looks tasty!

Offline BTB

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 08:26:51 AM »
Yeah, some may scratch their head at this, but I just wanted to be able to pile on the toppings and have it all get cooked through.
I, too, scratched my head at first, but upon studying it and looking some more at the pics, it looks very nice.  Kind of unique for a cracker crust to have slices of cheese under the sauce and toppings and then some more shredded cheese on top.  Great job.  Looks tasty.  So good that I'm tempted to try something like this some time soon.

--BTB      :D

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 08:30:58 AM »
LOVE it! I like the deep dish Ma Ma likes the Cracker so.... here we go
Thanks !
john
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

pizzapan