Author Topic: First Deep Dish Made  (Read 716 times)

Offline Soon2bMomof3

First Deep Dish Made
« on: January 22, 2011, 11:17:30 PM »
Hi All,
I have been studying some posts for the last few days now and decided to take the plunge and create my own pie. My sauce turned out fantastic except it came out a lil too wet. I used the recipe from the post "perfect pizza sauce". I ended up using Red Gold tomatoes and at the very end before putting the sauce on the cheese I added a tbsp of honey. Although nothing was wrong with the crust I made tonight (personally, I think I did a pretty good job for a first-timer) I would like to add some more flavor to my crust. Does anyone have any suggestions for a "can't wait to eat the crust" type of pizza?

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
Re: First Deep Dish Made
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 11:48:26 PM »
need to know the details of the pizza ingredient-wise before we know how to advise you
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
Re: First Deep Dish Made
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 12:34:37 AM »
Welcome!

While I cannot give you advise on your crust making,here is a brand can of tomatoes you need to try.
They are favorite with chicago deep dish styles and I have used them in NY style pizzas as well.

http://www.escalon.net/6in1.aspx

I have used Red Gold many times,when I was not able to get better stuff from the local stores.After I was able to locate a can of 6 in 1's,there is NO comparison.This 6 in1 stuff makes the Red Gold Or Red Pack stuff taste yucky in side by side comparison.

-Bill