Author Topic: Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce  (Read 1839 times)

Offline dmaxdmax

Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
« on: January 24, 2011, 11:21:49 PM »
My 10 y/o daughter is nuts for Fischer & Wieser's Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce.  (I think it's pretty great too but she's nuts)  I asked if she wanted me to make a pizza with it and of course she said yes.  Great...now what do I do?  I've got as far as putting it with brie but now I'm stuck.  I have a 500 deg oven and make NY or Neo-Neapolitan pizzas.

Any brilliant ideas?  How 'bout half-decent ideas?

Thanks
Dave

(her current favorite is chevre and onion marmalade with toasted pine nuts and herb oil.  This week we'll try a little prosciutto di parma after the bake.  Daughter #2 is pepperoni girl so we have a varied menu.) 
Always make new mistakes.

Offline fazzari

• Lifetime Member
Re: Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 01:06:52 AM »
My first inclination would be to mix a little of the above sauce with a little ranch dressing and then top the pizza with smoked provolone, grilled chicken and bacon.  How'd ya get so lucky to have a young one with great taste??

John

Offline dmaxdmax

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 11:02:36 AM »
Good idea, thanks.  I'll probably swap out the smoked provolone as I'm not too fond of smoked cheeses though I suspect she'd be fine with it.

I'm a foodie, her mom is a FOODIE and her goto channel is the Food Network.  If we give her something new to try she will do so without asking what it is first - (provided it doesn't look or smell too funky).  Most grown-ups won't do that - I don't.  She calls herself a FIT - foodie in training.  The trouble is she likes watching Iron Chef and reading our food mags but has little or no interest in cooking!  No interest in helping with pizza!!  She'll help with cookies or cake but just enough that she gets first shot at licking the bowl.

I'm thinking bacon, brie and sauce.  mmmmm.......

Offline dmaxdmax

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 11:06:27 AM »
Bacon, brie, rasp-chipolte sauce w/a scattering of arugula.... 

buceriasdon

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 02:01:39 PM »
Although raspberries are difficult to find here I will certainly try to make some with strawberries which are quite common here in Mexico. Thanks for the idea :D
Don

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 02:54:49 PM »
Dave,

I have seen the Fischer & Wieser's Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce served with cream cheese and crackers as an appetizer. You could par-bake the crust, put a layer of cream cheese (you might have to thin it a bit) and then the F&W. You might also swirl the two ingredients to get a nice visual effect. Adding some fresh raspberries would also be a nice touch.

Peter

Offline dmaxdmax

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 05:54:35 PM »
I forgot to report the results.  Not a dismal failure but not a success either.  I think Peter's suggestion of using it as an appetizer is great but there's no need to waste a perfectly good crust when crackers taste fine and it takes 10 whole seconds to open the box.

Nothing ventured nothing gained..

Dave

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 12:24:29 AM »
Dave,

I often add raspberry preserves and chipolte peppers to my bbq sauce, and it is great with smoked meats. I've never tried the sauce you noted, but I'm wondering if a pie as simple as using your sauce as the sauce and topping it with smoked dark meat chicken or pulled pork might not be pretty tasty. You might not even need cheese. Maybe top it lightly with some diced onions before serving?

Craig
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 10:24:44 AM »

pizzapan