Author Topic: KASL vs. All Trumps  (Read 872 times)

Offline EJB

KASL vs. All Trumps
« on: April 20, 2011, 11:57:46 AM »
I have used KASL with a Lehmann recipe for about two years now with great results. I make pizza once a week. Recently I was unable to get KASL and got a bag of All Trumps and was very disappointed. After several attempts to tweak the recipe for the AT I was getting dough with the right consistancy but the taste, the color, and the texture were all inferior to pizza made with KASL. The AT did however make excellent pretzles, but thats for another forum.

I have found that trying to buy a 50 pound bag of KASL is a challenge. There are many places in New England that sell it but not to the public, only to businesses. I do have two retail sources for anyone looking in New England though.

Perkins Marketplace in Middleboro, MA (508) 947-8211

King Arthur Flour Retail Store in Nowrich, VT (800) 827-6836

Prices run between $25.00 and $30.00 for a 50 pound bag. Call ahead because surprisingly neither one has it in stock every day.

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
Re: KASL vs. All Trumps
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 12:17:14 PM »
Where do you live? If you can get to Medford, MA Accardi Foods sells it to the public. It's around $25-$27 for a #50 bag. http://accardifoods.com/contact.htm

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 11:55:14 PM »
I have never used either of the 2 brands you listed,but the KABF,for ME,has beaten all of the other brands I tested as far as final taste goes.My family is my critic,since they eat my pies,and they always know when Im using a different flour and not the KABF.I would love to try the KASL one of these days,yet I wonder if it will be that much better than KABF in the taste department.
 :)

-Bill

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 10:51:19 AM »
Bill,
I feel there is a difference in the 2 flours . I found the Oven spring and lightness? of the KASL  to be better than the KABF Its acts similar to the Alltrumps with out the Bromate  :)
john
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 04:54:07 PM »
Bill,
I feel there is a difference in the 2 flours . I found the Oven spring and lightness? of the KASL  to be better than the KABF Its acts similar to the Alltrumps with out the Bromate  :)
john

Thanks John.I hope to try some one of these days.No hurry though,have enough of the other flour to use up first.
 :D
-Bill

Offline DannyG

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 10:12:37 AM »
Natco Cash & Carry in New Bedford has AT in 50 and 25 pound bags. I bought one of the 25 pounders for $12.99.

pizzapan