Author Topic: “Real New York Frozen Dough Balls”..from Brooklyn, NY  (Read 16430 times)

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: “Real New York Frozen Dough Balls”..from Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2011, 10:08:54 PM »
end of pictures

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2011, 10:37:44 PM »
Norma,

Those look fantastic! You turned that dough into a perfect Pizza as always!

I will say,from all the info you provided,those dough balls are not as active as the Primo Gusto frozen doughballs I bought from GFS stores.

I have experimented with over 40 frozen doughballs,and YES,a few were sort of dead.Did not want to do anything much.Maybe thats what happened to yours when it did not ferment nor respond as well.Tough to say.Yet you still did such a great job anyways,even if it lacked a little more ferment/flavor you were looking for.
 :)

-Bill

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2011, 11:25:56 PM »
Norma,

Those look fantastic! You turned that dough into a perfect Pizza as always!

I will say,from all the info you provided,those dough balls are not as active as the Primo Gusto frozen doughballs I bought from GFS stores.

I have experimented with over 40 frozen doughballs,and YES,a few were sort of dead.Did not want to do anything much.Maybe thats what happened to yours when it did not ferment nor respond as well.Tough to say.Yet you still did such a great job anyways,even if it lacked a little more ferment/flavor you were looking for.
 :)

Bill,

Thanks for thinking the pizza looked okay.  :)  I don’t always make a perfect pizza.  I had my share of failures along the way.   :-D  That is the way we all learn here on the forum.

I also wonder why these RNYPD frozen dough balls aren’t as active as the Primo Gusto frozen dough balls you tried before.  I would have thought they would ferment much faster.  Either the frozen dough balls I was experimenting with don’t have a lot of yeast or I didn’t handle them properly.  Maybe somehow my dough balls were almost dead.  I really don’t know. 

To me, this crust tasted like some NY street-style pizzas I have tried in the past, when I visited NY. 

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

pizzapan