Author Topic: Pizzeria Locale / Neapolitan in Boulder, Colorado  (Read 1997 times)

Offline WestCountry

Pizzeria Locale / Neapolitan in Boulder, Colorado
« on: January 26, 2011, 11:59:05 AM »
I can't wait to try this place! It looks like they got top of the line equipment. Check out the oven and the Meat Slicer in the slides. I also like the use of the laser thermometer in one of the photos.

http://www.denvermagazine.com/Blogs/The-Mouthful/January-2011/Pizzeria-Locale/index.php?cp=2&si=16#galleryanc

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
Re: Pizzeria Locale / Neapolitan in Boulder, Colorado
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 12:27:16 PM »
Their facebook page has some really cool pictures. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pizzeria-Locale/140418085981881
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:29:02 PM by BrickStoneOven »

Offline mtstone

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 06:47:55 PM »
We had lunch there on Monday.  The crust was excellent.  Soft, but a touch of chew....crisp on most of the bottom, gradually moving to slightly softer in the middle.  Quality, simple ingredients.  Clearly on par with some of the best Neapolitan pizzas in the San Francisco area and a nice setting in which to watch the pizzas prepared.  Worth a visit if you are in the area.

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 09:36:39 PM »
Clearly on par with some of the best Neapolitan pizzas in the San Francisco area
??? They are located in Boulder, CO.

Offline mtstone

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 12:16:08 AM »
Yes, I know.....I live in the Bay Area and was visiting Boulder....I was only intending to compare Pizzeria Locale with what I know here. :D

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 08:20:46 AM »
Yes, I know.....I live in the Bay Area and was visiting Boulder....I was only intending to compare Pizzeria Locale with what I know here. :D
Gotcha. I wish they made their oven look like a Stormtrooper or Boba Fett like they wanted to, it would have looked awesome. It wouldn't go with the theme of the pizzeria though...

Offline Tman1

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 08:58:52 AM »
I was there too just a couple of weeks ago. They are located on the eastern end of Pearl St (downtown), and , if you can find a spot, you can actually park in front of the pizzeria to give a little more specific info. 

Boulder is a mecca for wood fired pizza it seems. I had one of the best I've ever had at Ladausio's. I'm such a newbie, it may not mean much, but from the first bite... and it was only $5 (Happy Hour Margherita, 3 til close)!

Offline Tman1

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 09:03:31 AM »
Just looking at the pictures, and the mention of the infrared thermometer... the place has only been open a month I think, so they are probably still getting to know the oven. I was in at lunch and didn't see the pizzaiolo do more than 2, maybe 3 at a time (which is not the guy pictured). I also think they had waaaaayyyy too much ash in the oven. Almost the entire right side was heaped with coals and ash. Someone said to me that a build-up of ash like that actually steals some of the heat.

Anyways, my $0.05 worth... adjusted for inflation.

Offline mtstone

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 11:18:21 AM »
Interesting observation about the ash because when I think about it, there was a lot of ash buildup and we were there shortly before noon ...

pizzapan