Author Topic: 1600 - 2400 sqft Utility usage  (Read 1651 times)

Offline cliffgarz

1600 - 2400 sqft Utility usage
« on: January 26, 2011, 06:34:03 PM »
For pizzerias in the 1600 to 2400 sqft on a monthly average how many gallons of water, gas therms and kilowatt hours are you using per month. I am working on my business plan and trying to get an average for figuring out my utility usage.

Thanks

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: 1600 - 2400 sqft Utility usage
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 06:47:39 PM »
cliffgarz,

In parallel with your post here, you might want to register and post your question to the PMQ Think Tank at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewforum.php?f=6. The members of that forum are mostly professional pizza operators, some of whom may be able to help you with your request.

Peter

Offline cliffgarz

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 07:51:32 AM »
Thanks Peter I already posted there as well, if you can think of any other forums, please let me know

Cliff

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 07:59:48 AM »
depends on type of resturant, equipment, etc more than just square footage
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline cliffgarz

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 09:14:48 AM »
Pizzeria One stacked 2door deck gas oven, small fry and grill station 60 - 100 pizzas day
Carry out Dine in.
Open 10 - 12 hours
Just looking for averages
what else do you want to know?

Cliff

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 10:05:38 AM »
Thanks Peter I already posted there as well, if you can think of any other forums, please let me know

Cliff

Cliff,

Pizza Today also has a forum, at http://www.pizzatoday.com/Forum/tabid/272/Default.aspx, but I have not visited there in some time. For a while, readership there dropped off a lot, but it perhaps wouldn't hurt for you to pose your questions there in the hopes that someone responds.

Peter

Offline GotRocks

• Trying to get financing sucks!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 12:27:15 PM »
The easiest way to do this is look at the energy consumption of the appliances that you plan to use, call the power company and see what the previous tenants high & low usage was, always figure heavier usage than what you think,

What benchmark have you used to figure your customer base and flow???
A skinny cook is not to be trusted!

Offline cliffgarz

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 02:49:16 PM »
Kinda new to all of this I was able to call the power company and find out what the usage and average bills were for the other pizzerias in the area.  Have worked in them but first time owning.

How do you figure this out?

thanks
Cliff

Offline GotRocks

• Trying to get financing sucks!
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 11:52:53 AM »

How do you figure this out?

thanks
Cliff

Cliff, estimating traffic flow almost borders on alchemy....... But it can be done!
This is the multimillion dollar secret that all the monstrous franchise places use whenever they look at new store locations, they do not rely on the "if I build it, they will come" with a little luck way of doing business. I wish I knew the formula these places uses to determine feasibility.

Here is how I did it; I took the population of my community (and surrounding), and I used percentages of that population for three different P&L spreadsheets.
At the high end, I figured 18% of the total population goes out to eat at least 2 times per month, (I used 14% for my middle ground, and I used 10% as my low-end estimate.)
Divide that number of people by the total number of pizza places in your area and that is your projected monthly traffic flow. You also need to look at your dining room capacity, and how fast you can turn your tables to determine the maximum amount of people you could serve in a day.
I made sure that I would see positive cashflow at my lowest estimates, but also prepared to handle traffic at that 18-20% figure too.
then if you see an increase in people due to being a tourist destination, you'll need to figure them in your estimates too.
you will also want to speak with owners of similar places to see if your estimates are close to what they are actually seeing. It may take a little dishonesty on your part to do this research, but knowing if the population can support your business before spending any money is always a good start. if your estimates do not show profitability, find out why and see if another location would be better.

Guys, I cannot type everything I wanted to,this forum is acting weird with my browser, it will not let me see what I am trying to type. I'll try again later

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11:56:45 AM by GotRocks »
A skinny cook is not to be trusted!