Author Topic: My Ultimate Pizza!  (Read 14521 times)

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: My Ultimate Pizza!
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2011, 11:40:47 AM »
I love cold pizza, but that may be a little excessive...

Seriously though, make it with snow cone syrup, and I'm there!

Craig
Pizza is not bread. Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2011, 01:49:19 PM »
I love cold pizza, but that may be a little excessive...

Seriously though, make it with snow cone syrup, and I'm there!

Craig

Craig,

I think the snow pizza even would be too cold for me and I just recently found out I liked cold pizza when I went to Sullivan St. Bakery and tried Jim Lahey’s pizza, although I have eaten snow before.

Not too many years ago my husband and I sold cotton candy and snow cones.  Then I did used snow cones concentrate and Flossine sugar to color some snowmen with my granddaughter.  I would sprinkle either the snow cones concentrate ( that had water and sugar added) or mostly vanilla Flossine sugar on snow and my granddaughter did like the snow cotton candy or snow cones.  Both of those made nicely colored snowmen or whatever else we made of snow.  Maybe you would have enjoyed both of them.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2011, 02:35:22 PM »
No doubt I would have.
Pizza is not bread. Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2011, 07:21:58 PM »
Most of the day today there was lightly falling snow.  Tomorrow it is supposed to snow again.  I don’t think I mentioned this before, but I am getting tired of it snowing in our area.   :-D

I might finish my snow woman and pizza tomorrow if the weather isn’t too bad.  I even might form a head again, since my last one fell off.  If I can finish the snow woman and pizza quickly.  I might make a WFO out of snow so they can go together. 

Pictures of how snow woman and pizza look today.

Norma

Offline StrayBullet

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2011, 09:25:21 PM »
LOL :D

And I thought it was cold down here when it wasn't going to get above 60o  :o

Mark

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »
LOL :D

And I thought it was cold down here when it wasn't going to get above 60o  :o

Mark

Mark,

Don't make me sick!  Having a temperature here of 60 degrees would bring me much delight.   :-D

A couple of weeks ago the temperatures in our area didn't even get to 20 degrees F and it was windy on top of the cold.  A lot of the nights were down to near 0.  In the last few weeks when I took the dogs for walks, I had either long johns or the leggings under my jeans to keep warm.  That and two pairs of socks, two pairs of gloves, 3 layers on top and even a scarf when going outside for awhile.  Can you now imagine why I am getting tired of the weather?  Each time I go out for awhile, it is a chore just to dress.  :-D

You sure are lucky if the temperature is only 60 degrees F.   ;D

Norma
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 10:04:24 PM by norma427 »

Offline StrayBullet

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2011, 09:56:16 PM »
I wallow in the fact I'm a "Cracker" :D....for those not in the "know" do a search ;)

I met my wife in Indianapolis and while a great city, when we got serious I said to her that she needed to decide if she wanted to stay there or move to Florida with me, 'cause there was no way I going to live there year round :D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 09:58:32 PM by StrayBullet »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2011, 10:03:21 PM »
I wallow in the fact I'm a "Cracker" :D....for those not in the "know" do a search ;)

I met my wife in Indianapolis and while a great city, when we got serious I said to her that she needed to decide if she wanted to stay there or move to Florida with me, 'cause there was no way I going to live there year round :D

Mark,

What you just posted is too funny!   :-D

Norma

Offline StrayBullet

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2011, 10:35:04 PM »
Norma...I got a little rye in me, hence the "Cracker" comment...but for Floridians, it really has a legit meaning :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_cracker

Mark

And now that I re-read what I wrote, I see the hilarity!  I've always been a fan of Abbott/Costello ;)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 10:37:58 PM by StrayBullet »

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2011, 10:37:36 PM »
If nothing else, it should freeze well.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2011, 10:53:18 PM »
Norma...I got a little rye in me, hence the "Cracker" comment...but for Floridians, it really has a legit meaning :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_cracker

Mark

And now that I re-read what I wrote, I see the hilarity!  I've always been a fan of Abbott/Costello ;)

Mark,

I never knew what a Florida cracker was before.  I know I learn a lot about pizza making on this forum, but I also learn many more things.  Thanks for the new information!  ;D

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2011, 10:54:53 PM »
If nothing else, it should freeze well.

Tscarborough,

You are full of humor too!   ;D  You are so right, it does freeze well.

Norma

Offline StrayBullet

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2011, 10:59:30 PM »
Norma,

Happy to oblige :D

While not a true "Cracker" as my line doesn't go back generations in Florida, I was born and raised here, so I claim the tag, much like the "Conchs" of Key West....try getting a job there without being born there or knowing somebody!  My true line lies back in the hills of West Virginia and thankfully I still got a tad of Blackfoot "Indian" in me and the distillin' know-how :)

Mark

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2011, 11:06:21 PM »
Norma,

Happy to oblige :D

While not a true "Cracker" as my line doesn't go back generations in Florida, I was born and raised here, so I claim the tag, much like the "Conchs" of Key West....try getting a job there without being born there or knowing somebody!  My true line lies back in the hills of West Virginia and thankfully I still got a tad of Blackfoot "Indian" in me and the distillin' know-how :)

Mark

Mark,

Since you were born and in Florida, I can believe you are a true “Cracker”.  What I also find interesting is you are also a tad Blackfoot “Indian” and have distillin' know-how.  That is a great combination.  :) Do you also do much distillin'?

Norma

Offline StrayBullet

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2011, 10:55:06 AM »
:D

I don't anymore, not really setup in this house, but my uncle still has a clay still and produces some AMAZING stuff!  My cousin then turns it into Apple Pie Moonshine :D

Mark

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2011, 12:57:39 PM »
:D

I don't anymore, not really setup in this house, but my uncle still has a clay still and produces some AMAZING stuff!  My cousin then turns it into Apple Pie Moonshine :D

Mark

Mark,

I read your other thread about the Apple Pie Moonshine around Christmas.  :) I will have to try that sometime.  Maybe I wouldn't mind being out in the cold then.  :-D

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2011, 05:45:52 PM »
Well, it was too cold outside yesterday to be able to finish my snow woman.  The snow wouldn't form right to make things out of snow.  Today when I went outside she (the snow woman) had fallen down, just like some snowmen do.  I decided not to finish her, but to make something out of snow that I had wanted since I started to learn about pizza.  I decided to build my own WFO, because I probably will never own one.  The WFO was easy to build and I had it built in no time at all.  The pizza was also easy to make. I waited until the bottom oven temperature was up to around 1,000 degrees F (give or take a few degrees) and slid the pie into the WFO.  Although this pizza didn’t get the char I wanted, it did brown nicely.  I guess I will have to learn more about operating a WFO.

I think I followed all the Vera Pizza Napoletana rules for building this oven.  If anyone thinks I didn’t they can let me know.  I don’t know if I will be able to get VPN certification or not. 
I used all the ingredients for dressings for a VPN pizza . (proper ingredients: Tipo 00 flour, San Marzano tomatoes, all natural Fior di Latte or Bufala mozzarella, fresh basil, salt and yeast -- only fresh, all-natural, non-processed ingredients)

This pie was one of the best pies I have made so far.  At least I own a WFO, if only for a short while.

Pictures below

Norma
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 05:49:00 PM by norma427 »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2011, 05:47:40 PM »
rest of pictures

Norma

Offline jever4321

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2011, 09:15:44 PM »
LOL.. Love the WFO.
Even your snow pizza looks better then my best efforts... :-D
-Jay

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2011, 09:38:36 PM »
LOL.. Love the WFO.
Even your snow pizza looks better then my best efforts... :-D

Jay,

Thanks for saying you love the WFO.  :)  I really would like to have one.  The snow pizza was really easy to make.  It only took about 10 minutes total.  I can't make a normal pizza that fast. 

Norma

Offline jever4321

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2011, 09:52:07 PM »
Jay,

Thanks for saying you love the WFO.  :)  I really would like to have one.  The snow pizza was really easy to make.  It only took about 10 minutes total.  I can't make a normal pizza that fast. 

Norma
I won't ask how you made the yellow snow... :-D
-Jay

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2011, 10:03:03 PM »
I won't ask how you made the yellow snow... :-D

Jay,

You or anyone can ask me about the yellow snow.   ::)  I also had another member tell me that they heard it was a bad thing to eat yellow snow.  http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,10213.msg89678.html#msg89678

Some of my pizza crusts don't even brown as well as the snow pizza did today.  :-D

Norma

Offline Jose L. Piedra

• Ebeddu e cavuru, e beddu davveru!
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2011, 10:42:49 PM »
As a public service, the dangers associated with the scourge of yellow snow are recounted in song here:

JLP
Scarsu d'ogghiu, e riccu di provolazzu ::)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2011, 11:03:56 PM »
As a public service, the dangers associated with the scourge of yellow snow are recounted in song here:

JLP

Jose,

Thanks for the “public service” song!  :)  I never heard that song before. 

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2011, 08:03:06 AM »
Well, no one decided to taste my pizza made in the WFO. :(  I wonder why, the pizza did look okay to me. The weather in our area was sleet and freezing rain since last evening.  I almost fell a few times when I went outside to take the dogs out.  Our area is just like a skating rink, even though I did spread melting agents different times.  When I went out on my deck this morning, I would have though I was ice skating instead of walking.  The ice is beautiful on the trees.  Thankfully I won’t have to drive anywhere until later today.  On the bright side the ground hog didn’t see his shadow this morning.  That is supposed to mean spring is coming sooner. http://www.visitpa.com/groundhog-day but I have conflicting reports   http://www.wgal.com/news/22408577/detail.html  Now who am I going to believe?  ??? I sure hope spring does come sooner.  The weathermen are calling for more snow Saturday in our area.  I wonder what other members are having in terms of weather.  ::)

Maybe I will get to bake in my WFO another time.  ;D 

Pictures below

Norma