Author Topic: My Ultimate Pizza!  (Read 11993 times)

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: My Ultimate Pizza!
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2011, 12:57:39 PM »
:D

I don't anymore, not really setup in this house, but my uncle still has a clay still and produces some AMAZING stuff!  My cousin then turns it into Apple Pie Moonshine :D

Mark

Mark,

I read your other thread about the Apple Pie Moonshine around Christmas.  :) I will have to try that sometime.  Maybe I wouldn't mind being out in the cold then.  :-D

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2011, 05:45:52 PM »
Well, it was too cold outside yesterday to be able to finish my snow woman.  The snow wouldn't form right to make things out of snow.  Today when I went outside she (the snow woman) had fallen down, just like some snowmen do.  I decided not to finish her, but to make something out of snow that I had wanted since I started to learn about pizza.  I decided to build my own WFO, because I probably will never own one.  The WFO was easy to build and I had it built in no time at all.  The pizza was also easy to make. I waited until the bottom oven temperature was up to around 1,000 degrees F (give or take a few degrees) and slid the pie into the WFO.  Although this pizza didnít get the char I wanted, it did brown nicely.  I guess I will have to learn more about operating a WFO.

I think I followed all the Vera Pizza Napoletana rules for building this oven.  If anyone thinks I didnít they can let me know.  I donít know if I will be able to get VPN certification or not. 
I used all the ingredients for dressings for a VPN pizza . (proper ingredients: Tipo 00 flour, San Marzano tomatoes, all natural Fior di Latte or Bufala mozzarella, fresh basil, salt and yeast -- only fresh, all-natural, non-processed ingredients)

This pie was one of the best pies I have made so far.  At least I own a WFO, if only for a short while.

Pictures below

Norma
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 05:49:00 PM by norma427 »

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2011, 05:47:40 PM »
rest of pictures

Norma

Offline jever4321

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2011, 09:15:44 PM »
LOL.. Love the WFO.
Even your snow pizza looks better then my best efforts... :-D
-Jay

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2011, 09:38:36 PM »
LOL.. Love the WFO.
Even your snow pizza looks better then my best efforts... :-D

Jay,

Thanks for saying you love the WFO.  :)  I really would like to have one.  The snow pizza was really easy to make.  It only took about 10 minutes total.  I can't make a normal pizza that fast. 

Norma

Offline jever4321

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2011, 09:52:07 PM »
Jay,

Thanks for saying you love the WFO.  :)  I really would like to have one.  The snow pizza was really easy to make.  It only took about 10 minutes total.  I can't make a normal pizza that fast. 

Norma
I won't ask how you made the yellow snow... :-D
-Jay

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2011, 10:03:03 PM »
I won't ask how you made the yellow snow... :-D

Jay,

You or anyone can ask me about the yellow snow.   ::)  I also had another member tell me that they heard it was a bad thing to eat yellow snow.  http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,10213.msg89678.html#msg89678

Some of my pizza crusts don't even brown as well as the snow pizza did today.  :-D

Norma

Offline Jose L. Piedra

• Ebeddu e cavuru, e beddu davveru!
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2011, 10:42:49 PM »
As a public service, the dangers associated with the scourge of yellow snow are recounted in song here:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws5Xeu3BEQk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws5Xeu3BEQk</a>

JLP
Scarsu d'ogghiu, e riccu di provolazzu ::)

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2011, 11:03:56 PM »
As a public service, the dangers associated with the scourge of yellow snow are recounted in song here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws5Xeu3BEQk

JLP

Jose,

Thanks for the ďpublic serviceĒ song!  :)  I never heard that song before. 

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2011, 08:03:06 AM »
Well, no one decided to taste my pizza made in the WFO. :(  I wonder why, the pizza did look okay to me. The weather in our area was sleet and freezing rain since last evening.  I almost fell a few times when I went outside to take the dogs out.  Our area is just like a skating rink, even though I did spread melting agents different times.  When I went out on my deck this morning, I would have though I was ice skating instead of walking.  The ice is beautiful on the trees.  Thankfully I wonít have to drive anywhere until later today.  On the bright side the ground hog didnít see his shadow this morning.  That is supposed to mean spring is coming sooner. http://www.visitpa.com/groundhog-day but I have conflicting reports   http://www.wgal.com/news/22408577/detail.html  Now who am I going to believe?  ??? I sure hope spring does come sooner.  The weathermen are calling for more snow Saturday in our area.  I wonder what other members are having in terms of weather.  ::)

Maybe I will get to bake in my WFO another time.  ;D 

Pictures below

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2011, 08:34:29 AM »
After the ice storm, it became a little warmer yesterday afternoon (mid 30's) before going down into the teens last night.  My WFO fell over yesterday before I had a chance to make another snow pizza in the WFO.  :(

I will decide if I want to make anymore snow pizzas this winter, when it snows again.

Picture of fallen over WFO and things I used to build the WFO and pizza.

Norma

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2011, 09:32:45 AM »
It's supposed to snow down here in Houston this afternoon and tomorrow.

I'd appreciate it if, in the future, you guys (and gals) would keep your snow up North and not let it spill out down here.

Thanks,

Craig
Pizza is not bread.

Offline scott123

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2011, 10:01:49 AM »
Right now, when I shovel my walkway, I have to heave the snow to the top of a hill of ice, 6 feet high and 8 feet away.  If I, say, miss the mark by by only throwing the snow 7 feet, it rolls right down the hill and I have to shovel it again.  And again. And again.

I don't mind snowstorms nor do I mind shoveling, but atmospheric conditions between storms that prevent snow from melting so that I run out of places to put it- that's pure misery.

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2011, 11:15:17 AM »
It's supposed to snow down here in Houston this afternoon and tomorrow.

I'd appreciate it if, in the future, you guys (and gals) would keep your snow up North and not let it spill out down here.

Thanks,

Craig

Craig,

How often do you even get snow in Houston?  I guess you guys and gals down that way are going to get a taste of what it is like to live in the North.  At least you donít have to deal with the snow or ice all winter.  We are supposed to get more snow starting tomorrow night and maybe even again on Tuesday.

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2011, 11:22:03 AM »
Right now, when I shovel my walkway, I have to heave the snow to the top of a hill of ice, 6 feet high and 8 feet away.  If I, say, miss the mark by by only throwing the snow 7 feet, it rolls right down the hill and I have to shovel it again.  And again. And again.

I don't mind snowstorms nor do I mind shoveling, but atmospheric conditions between storms that prevent snow from melting so that I run out of places to put it- that's pure misery.

scott123,

Our snow piles arenít as high as in your area.  I know how it feels to deal with the snow and ice though.  The other day just after the driveway was cleared by me, the darn snow plow went by and almost plowed the end of the drive-way in again.  Then that stuff was heavy to shovel.  That can happen over and over again.  :-D

I agree the weather should turn warmer, so snow can melt more.  Last evening the thick ice developed on the snow again.  This place in some areas is like a skating rink. 

Sorry you also have to deal with this stuff.  :(

Norma

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2011, 12:37:51 PM »
Craig,

How often do you even get snow in Houston?  I guess you guys and gals down that way are going to get a taste of what it is like to live in the North.  At least you donít have to deal with the snow or ice all winter.  We are supposed to get more snow starting tomorrow night and maybe even again on Tuesday.

Norma

I've seen it two other times and neither time did it stick to the roads - one time the temperature was well over freezing. It was a wierd "lake-effect" type of event where the closer you were to the Gulf of Mexico, the more snow you got.  The first 5-years I lived in my house, the temperature never dropped below freezing. Since then, the winters have been generally colder every year. We had mid-20's yesterday which is the coldest ever at my house here and only the second time below 30.

Where is the global warming Al Gore has been promising?

Craig
Pizza is not bread.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2011, 04:10:28 PM »
LOVE IT Norma! Very Creative My friend would very much like to try a slice !! Please Excuse the hair He got a little to close to the oven!  ;D
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2011, 05:17:04 PM »
LOVE IT Norma! Very Creative My friend would very much like to try a slice !! Please Excuse the hair He got a little to close to the oven!  ;D
John

John,

I also love your very creative friend that would like to try a slice!  I love the hair, carrot nose and stick arms and hands.  Your daughter looks very happy also.  ;D I bet she was proud of her snowman.  What did you use for buttons?

Norma

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2011, 12:17:22 AM »
Norma, you've invented the "pizza peel rack". :-D

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2011, 07:05:04 AM »
Norma, you've invented the "pizza peel rack". :-D

dmcavanagh,

What is the "pizza peel rack"?  Maybe I didn't drink enough coffee to be awake yet, but I don't know what a "pizza peel rack" is.   ::)  I always continue to learn on this forum.   :-D  More snow coming tonight and tomorrow, so maybe another snow pizza.  I wonder what kind other members would like to see me try.  Maybe I can come up with a new formula for making snow pizza.   :-D

Norma

pizzapan