Author Topic: My Ultimate Pizza!  (Read 16977 times)

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: My Ultimate Pizza!
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2011, 08:34:29 AM »
After the ice storm, it became a little warmer yesterday afternoon (mid 30's) before going down into the teens last night.  My WFO fell over yesterday before I had a chance to make another snow pizza in the WFO.  :(

I will decide if I want to make anymore snow pizzas this winter, when it snows again.

Picture of fallen over WFO and things I used to build the WFO and pizza.

Norma

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2011, 09:32:45 AM »
It's supposed to snow down here in Houston this afternoon and tomorrow.

I'd appreciate it if, in the future, you guys (and gals) would keep your snow up North and not let it spill out down here.

Thanks,

Craig
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

scott123

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2011, 10:01:49 AM »
Right now, when I shovel my walkway, I have to heave the snow to the top of a hill of ice, 6 feet high and 8 feet away.  If I, say, miss the mark by by only throwing the snow 7 feet, it rolls right down the hill and I have to shovel it again.  And again. And again.

I don't mind snowstorms nor do I mind shoveling, but atmospheric conditions between storms that prevent snow from melting so that I run out of places to put it- that's pure misery.

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2011, 11:15:17 AM »
It's supposed to snow down here in Houston this afternoon and tomorrow.

I'd appreciate it if, in the future, you guys (and gals) would keep your snow up North and not let it spill out down here.

Thanks,

Craig

Craig,

How often do you even get snow in Houston?  I guess you guys and gals down that way are going to get a taste of what it is like to live in the North.  At least you don’t have to deal with the snow or ice all winter.  We are supposed to get more snow starting tomorrow night and maybe even again on Tuesday.

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2011, 11:22:03 AM »
Right now, when I shovel my walkway, I have to heave the snow to the top of a hill of ice, 6 feet high and 8 feet away.  If I, say, miss the mark by by only throwing the snow 7 feet, it rolls right down the hill and I have to shovel it again.  And again. And again.

I don't mind snowstorms nor do I mind shoveling, but atmospheric conditions between storms that prevent snow from melting so that I run out of places to put it- that's pure misery.

scott123,

Our snow piles aren’t as high as in your area.  I know how it feels to deal with the snow and ice though.  The other day just after the driveway was cleared by me, the darn snow plow went by and almost plowed the end of the drive-way in again.  Then that stuff was heavy to shovel.  That can happen over and over again.  :-D

I agree the weather should turn warmer, so snow can melt more.  Last evening the thick ice developed on the snow again.  This place in some areas is like a skating rink. 

Sorry you also have to deal with this stuff.  :(

Norma

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2011, 12:37:51 PM »
Craig,

How often do you even get snow in Houston?  I guess you guys and gals down that way are going to get a taste of what it is like to live in the North.  At least you don’t have to deal with the snow or ice all winter.  We are supposed to get more snow starting tomorrow night and maybe even again on Tuesday.

Norma

I've seen it two other times and neither time did it stick to the roads - one time the temperature was well over freezing. It was a wierd "lake-effect" type of event where the closer you were to the Gulf of Mexico, the more snow you got.  The first 5-years I lived in my house, the temperature never dropped below freezing. Since then, the winters have been generally colder every year. We had mid-20's yesterday which is the coldest ever at my house here and only the second time below 30.

Where is the global warming Al Gore has been promising?

Craig
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."

Offline JConk007

• Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2011, 04:10:28 PM »
LOVE IT Norma! Very Creative My friend would very much like to try a slice !! Please Excuse the hair He got a little to close to the oven!  ;D
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2011, 05:17:04 PM »
LOVE IT Norma! Very Creative My friend would very much like to try a slice !! Please Excuse the hair He got a little to close to the oven!  ;D
John

John,

I also love your very creative friend that would like to try a slice!  I love the hair, carrot nose and stick arms and hands.  Your daughter looks very happy also.  ;D I bet she was proud of her snowman.  What did you use for buttons?

Norma

Offline dmcavanagh

• In Memoriam
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2011, 12:17:22 AM »
Norma, you've invented the "pizza peel rack". :-D
Rest In Peace - November 1, 2014

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2011, 07:05:04 AM »
Norma, you've invented the "pizza peel rack". :-D

dmcavanagh,

What is the "pizza peel rack"?  Maybe I didn't drink enough coffee to be awake yet, but I don't know what a "pizza peel rack" is.   ::)  I always continue to learn on this forum.   :-D  More snow coming tonight and tomorrow, so maybe another snow pizza.  I wonder what kind other members would like to see me try.  Maybe I can come up with a new formula for making snow pizza.   :-D

Norma

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2011, 07:56:36 AM »
Well, we didn't get any snow in Houston, but its 28F, and there is ice everywhere. The first overpass I came to this morning had 13 cars scattered across it. I should have turned around right there, but I didn't, and by the grace of God, I made it to work OK. It's going to be a nightmare here when the masses hit the roads... should be starting about now.

Ya'll stay warm and safe.

Craig

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2011, 08:14:17 AM »
Well, we didn't get any snow in Houston, but its 28F, and there is ice everywhere. The first overpass I came to this morning had 13 cars scattered across it. I should have turned around right there, but I didn't, and by the grace of God, I made it to work OK. It's going to be a nightmare here when the masses hit the roads... should be starting about now.

Craig

Craig,

Thankfully you made it to work okay.  :) All of you stay safe and warm down there.  Many times I have done doughnuts on the road, without trying when there was ice. One time I was on a really back road while going to work.  I ended up in a field, at night, but thankfully a farmer pulled me out with his tractor. I also saw many accidents from icy roads.  Ice is worse than snow.  If someone isn’t experienced in driving in that icy stuff it can be a nightmare.

Take care,

Norma

Offline StrayBullet

« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2011, 11:33:50 AM »

Craig

Was in a meeting all week at 3 Greenway and we re-booked our 3pm flights out yesterday to noon...thankful we did!

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2011, 12:25:20 PM »
Glad you got out yesterday. Give it a couple months, and we'll be back to 99F/99% humidity...

Craig

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2011, 12:59:11 PM »
This morning out on the one tree, there were several robins.  :)  This is the first year I saw the robins so early.  I don’t know if this means an early spring or not, but the sight of the robins was refreshing, after our past snows and ice.

Sorry I didn’t get a better picture.

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2011, 05:23:16 PM »
Just in time for the Super Bowl this evening, I made two more snow pizzas for anyone that is a fan of stuffed deep-dish or Generic Thin Style Chicago pizzas. 

It hasn’t snowed anymore and in our area and we only have been having mostly ice.  Today it was nice outside (around 40 degrees F) and the snow was hard to work with just like some pizzas doughs are hard to work with.  The snow wanted to start melting and the toppings wanted to blend together, before I could get these pies finished, which only took about 20 minutes from start to finish.

My rug is ripping on my deck and my deck furniture is starting to rust, from all this bad weather.  Guess that will be another job that has to wait until spring.   ::)

Pictures below

Norma

Offline StrayBullet

« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2011, 08:06:38 PM »
Norma,

This is pure genius!!!  Call Peter Max, he's got some competition :D

Mark

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2011, 09:35:53 PM »
Norma,

This is pure genius!!!  Call Peter Max, he's got some competition :D

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for your kind words in even mentioning me in the same sentence as Peter Max.  I have always liked to play around with art, but sure am not good.

These are few pictures of other snowmen, (not pizza) that I helped my granddaughter to build over the years.  Now that small girl is the mother of my great-granddaughter.  We built many different kinds of things out of snow over all the years. (like big bad wolf, father winter, different characters horses, and regular snowmen)  The one picture of the 3 snow people, is supposed to be me in the middle..lol 

I guess some of the child in grown people, never all goes away.

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2011, 03:02:04 PM »
I decided to make a Valentine Pizza out of snow today.  The snow is now really icy so the Valentine Snow pizza was a little harder to make.  The dough didn't want to cooperate.  This time I made a white snow pizza with pepperoni hearts.  My crust browned a little better today.

Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone!   :)

A poem about Pizza for Valentine’s Day.

http://www.helium.com/items/982862-poetry-pizza   Pizza is universally loved.

Pictures below

Norma

Offline Matthew

• Supporting Member
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2011, 04:50:56 PM »
I decided to make a Valentine Pizza out of snow today.  The snow is now really icy so the Valentine Snow pizza was a little harder to make.  The dough didn't want to cooperate.  This time I made a white snow pizza with pepperoni hearts.  My crust browned a little better today.

Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone!   :)

A poem about Pizza for Valentine’s Day.

http://www.helium.com/items/982862-poetry-pizza   Pizza is universally loved.

Pictures below

Norma

I hope the yellow is food colouring! :D

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2011, 09:10:36 PM »
I hope the yellow is food colouring! :D

Matt,

Lol, yes the yellow is food coloring, but who knows what else has fallen on the snow since the last snow.   :-D

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2011, 05:21:44 PM »
Well, the snow had disappeared last weekend because of the warm weather.  It snowed again last evening into this morning.  I thought I guess I will make another snow pizza, after I was finished snow blowing and shoveling.  Hopefully this snow stuff will soon be over and I will be able to start a garden again. 

I decided today to make a Pizzarium style pizza out of snow with a “little guy” that Bonci seems to have since he reopened his remodeled pizzeria. 

So without further ado or dilly dally, here is my Pizzarium style pizza with the nice holey structure and Bonci’s new “little guy”.

Maybe all you "guys" are getting sick of me posting all these snow pizzas, since they really can't be eaten.   :-D  At least this slice had no problems with getting a nice structure.

Pictures below

Norma

Offline Pitapacket

« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2011, 06:57:22 PM »
I can not tell you how happy this thread made me.  Thanks Norma! ;D
-----Christopher--------

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2011, 07:52:08 PM »
I can not tell you how happy this thread made me.  Thanks Norma! ;D

Pitapacket,

I am glad this thread made you happy.  :) When I made those snow pizzas, the weather was very cold and snowy.  Now the weather in our area in last the last few days has been about 92-95 degrees F.  What a difference!  What I wouldn't do for some of that snow when I am outside.  :-D

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2011, 01:50:12 PM »
These “Hot Peppers” on the “Halloween Pumpkin Pizza” should sure chase the snow away!  Happy Halloween! Everyone!  :)

Norma