Author Topic: My Ultimate Pizza!  (Read 11782 times)

Offline TXCraig1

Re: My Ultimate Pizza!
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2011, 07:56:36 AM »
Well, we didn't get any snow in Houston, but its 28F, and there is ice everywhere. The first overpass I came to this morning had 13 cars scattered across it. I should have turned around right there, but I didn't, and by the grace of God, I made it to work OK. It's going to be a nightmare here when the masses hit the roads... should be starting about now.

Ya'll stay warm and safe.

Craig
Pizza is not bread.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2011, 08:14:17 AM »
Well, we didn't get any snow in Houston, but its 28F, and there is ice everywhere. The first overpass I came to this morning had 13 cars scattered across it. I should have turned around right there, but I didn't, and by the grace of God, I made it to work OK. It's going to be a nightmare here when the masses hit the roads... should be starting about now.

Craig

Craig,

Thankfully you made it to work okay.  :) All of you stay safe and warm down there.  Many times I have done doughnuts on the road, without trying when there was ice. One time I was on a really back road while going to work.  I ended up in a field, at night, but thankfully a farmer pulled me out with his tractor. I also saw many accidents from icy roads.  Ice is worse than snow.  If someone isn’t experienced in driving in that icy stuff it can be a nightmare.

Take care,

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline StrayBullet

« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2011, 11:33:50 AM »

Craig

Was in a meeting all week at 3 Greenway and we re-booked our 3pm flights out yesterday to noon...thankful we did!

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2011, 12:25:20 PM »
Glad you got out yesterday. Give it a couple months, and we'll be back to 99F/99% humidity...

Craig
Pizza is not bread.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2011, 12:59:11 PM »
This morning out on the one tree, there were several robins.  :)  This is the first year I saw the robins so early.  I don’t know if this means an early spring or not, but the sight of the robins was refreshing, after our past snows and ice.

Sorry I didn’t get a better picture.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2011, 05:23:16 PM »
Just in time for the Super Bowl this evening, I made two more snow pizzas for anyone that is a fan of stuffed deep-dish or Generic Thin Style Chicago pizzas. 

It hasn’t snowed anymore and in our area and we only have been having mostly ice.  Today it was nice outside (around 40 degrees F) and the snow was hard to work with just like some pizzas doughs are hard to work with.  The snow wanted to start melting and the toppings wanted to blend together, before I could get these pies finished, which only took about 20 minutes from start to finish.

My rug is ripping on my deck and my deck furniture is starting to rust, from all this bad weather.  Guess that will be another job that has to wait until spring.   ::)

Pictures below

Norma

Offline StrayBullet

« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2011, 08:06:38 PM »
Norma,

This is pure genius!!!  Call Peter Max, he's got some competition :D

Mark

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2011, 09:35:53 PM »
Norma,

This is pure genius!!!  Call Peter Max, he's got some competition :D

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for your kind words in even mentioning me in the same sentence as Peter Max.  I have always liked to play around with art, but sure am not good.

These are few pictures of other snowmen, (not pizza) that I helped my granddaughter to build over the years.  Now that small girl is the mother of my great-granddaughter.  We built many different kinds of things out of snow over all the years. (like big bad wolf, father winter, different characters horses, and regular snowmen)  The one picture of the 3 snow people, is supposed to be me in the middle..lol 

I guess some of the child in grown people, never all goes away.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2011, 03:02:04 PM »
I decided to make a Valentine Pizza out of snow today.  The snow is now really icy so the Valentine Snow pizza was a little harder to make.  The dough didn't want to cooperate.  This time I made a white snow pizza with pepperoni hearts.  My crust browned a little better today.

Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone!   :)

A poem about Pizza for Valentine’s Day.

http://www.helium.com/items/982862-poetry-pizza   Pizza is universally loved.

Pictures below

Norma

Offline Matthew

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2011, 04:50:56 PM »
I decided to make a Valentine Pizza out of snow today.  The snow is now really icy so the Valentine Snow pizza was a little harder to make.  The dough didn't want to cooperate.  This time I made a white snow pizza with pepperoni hearts.  My crust browned a little better today.

Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone!   :)

A poem about Pizza for Valentine’s Day.

http://www.helium.com/items/982862-poetry-pizza   Pizza is universally loved.

Pictures below

Norma

I hope the yellow is food colouring! :D

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2011, 09:10:36 PM »
I hope the yellow is food colouring! :D

Matt,

Lol, yes the yellow is food coloring, but who knows what else has fallen on the snow since the last snow.   :-D

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2011, 05:21:44 PM »
Well, the snow had disappeared last weekend because of the warm weather.  It snowed again last evening into this morning.  I thought I guess I will make another snow pizza, after I was finished snow blowing and shoveling.  Hopefully this snow stuff will soon be over and I will be able to start a garden again. 

I decided today to make a Pizzarium style pizza out of snow with a “little guy” that Bonci seems to have since he reopened his remodeled pizzeria. 

So without further ado or dilly dally, here is my Pizzarium style pizza with the nice holey structure and Bonci’s new “little guy”.

Maybe all you "guys" are getting sick of me posting all these snow pizzas, since they really can't be eaten.   :-D  At least this slice had no problems with getting a nice structure.

Pictures below

Norma

Offline Pitapacket

« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2011, 06:57:22 PM »
I can not tell you how happy this thread made me.  Thanks Norma! ;D
-----Christopher--------

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2011, 07:52:08 PM »
I can not tell you how happy this thread made me.  Thanks Norma! ;D

Pitapacket,

I am glad this thread made you happy.  :) When I made those snow pizzas, the weather was very cold and snowy.  Now the weather in our area in last the last few days has been about 92-95 degrees F.  What a difference!  What I wouldn't do for some of that snow when I am outside.  :-D

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2011, 01:50:12 PM »
These “Hot Peppers” on the “Halloween Pumpkin Pizza” should sure chase the snow away!  Happy Halloween! Everyone!  :)

Norma

buceriasdon

« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2011, 02:18:11 PM »
lol, Very cute Norma. :P I have vauge recollections of that white stuff. ::)
Don

parallei

« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2011, 02:40:30 PM »
Your Halloween Snow Pie is great Norma ;D  We had an early wet snow here last week.  We were lucky, our trees didn't get any damage....

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2011, 03:49:40 PM »
lol, Very cute Norma. :P I have vauge recollections of that white stuff. ::)
Don

Don,

I only wish I had vague recollections of the white stuff!   :-D  It sure was an early snow in our area.  Hopefully, not too much of the white stuff comes this winter.  You are lucky you don't have to deal with snow.  :)

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2011, 03:55:33 PM »
Your Halloween Snow Pie is great Norma ;D  We had an early wet snow here last week.  We were lucky, our trees didn't get any damage....

Paul,

Thanks for your kind comment about the "Halloween Pumpkin Pie"!  :)  It even gave me trouble.  I didn't have any food coloring around, so I thought I would use some orange jello I had at home. Until I started working on the snow pumpkin, (about 10 minutes) the jello had set.  Glad to hear your trees didn't get any damage. Many trees in our area did get damage, and many peoples power went off.  I was fortunate that my power only went off for a little while. 

Norma 

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2013, 01:28:23 PM »
After I shoveled at my place and my mother’s place I just couldn’t resist the snow.  Although I am not happy Spring isn’t here yet, the snow gave me a chance to make another pizza.  This time I am “hitchhiking south” to make pizzas.  If anyone want to “adopt” me until Spring comes to our area my crusts are golden brown and I even use Vermont Smoked pepperoni on my pizzas.  :-D

Norma

pizzapan