Author Topic: Help - Long Rise on Pizza Hut Pan Pizza  (Read 1468 times)

Offline BGE Pizza

Help - Long Rise on Pizza Hut Pan Pizza
« on: January 29, 2011, 08:04:53 AM »
Hello all,

I have been stalking this forum and using recipes for many months with great success. I will introduce myself a little later, I promise. I am so thankful to have found this forum and for all of the wisdom I have gained.

Right now, I have an important question:

I am having lots of family over this afternoon and will be making 2 Pan Pizzas, 2 Thin and Crispys, and 2 New York Styles.

I made all of the dough yesterday evening, but made one mistake with the Pizza Hut Pan Pizza dough. (I use the basic recipe from this site, sized for 9-inch pans). Last night, I fell asleep while the dough was sitting in the pans, covered on the counter for their initial rise. I usually let them rise for 4 hours and then put them in the fridge over night until I am ready to use them the next day. But since I fell asleep, they sat on the counter for about 10 hours last night. I put them in the fridge immediately this morning. Their appearance was fine and had risen about the same amount as they do during the 4 hour time.

Am I going to face any taste issues with such a long counter-top rise time?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sam

« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 08:08:45 AM by BGE Pizza »

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
Re: Help - Long Rise on Pizza Hut Pan Pizza
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 08:14:16 AM »
more flavor and a more tender gluten developed crumb.  might lack some oven spring though
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline BGE Pizza

Re: Help - Long Rise on Pizza Hut Pan Pizza
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 04:49:52 PM »
Thank you for your reply.

Well the pizza event was a success and the 2 pan pizzas that I was concerned about did not taste any different that when I followed my usual process.

My worry was for nothing.

pizzapan