Author Topic: thinking of trying new  (Read 1181 times)

Pizza01

thinking of trying new
« on: January 31, 2011, 12:15:32 PM »
i have home oven bosch hsv745050y
http://www.google.co.il/images?um=1&hl=iw&rlz=1C1LAVE_enIL378IL378&q=hsv745050y&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1366&bih=667

and i want to try somthing new in the pizza baking arrangement, usually the stone placed on the lowest oven rack or one above it, if its on the lowest rack the cheeze cooked very well and one rack above it litel less.
i used circle mode and heat from the bottem the highest temp is 270 cl.

i am thinking of placeing the stone on the top oven rack 3" from the grill and turning the grill from above until its red hot and after the stone is preheated for about an hour.

what do you think will happen? is it recomend? does anyone tried it? will the cheeze overcooked?
and if so when is the right time to pop the pizza into the oven? after the grill is off or when its red hot ?
in the photo1 is current arrangement
photo 2 is what i am thinking to do, photoshoped it for you to imagine.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 12:35:00 PM by msheetrit »

Offline scott123

Re: thinking of trying new
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 06:30:21 PM »
Michael, I took your first photo and circled your thermostat in red (see below).  This is a thermometer of sorts that, based upon the temperature you set your oven at, turns your element off when the oven reaches the target temp. So if the peak oven temp is 270, the thermostat will allow the element to turn on until the oven hits 270 and then it will shut it off. Most thermostats control both the broiler element (top) and the bake element (below).

In other words, if you put the stone on the top shelf, preheat it to 270 and then try to turn on the broiler, because of the position of the thermostat, the broiler won't turn on for long- a few seconds, at most.

That's the bad news.

The good news is that the thermostat is a rod connected to a wire and can usually be removed from the clip or the entire clip can be removed. If you put the stone on the top shelf/near the broiler, unclip the thermostat and place it on a shelf beneath the stone, the stone will shield the thermostat and the broiler will stay on long enough to get a really nice bump in temperature. Once you partially remove the thermostat from the picture, there's no way of really knowing the temperature of the stone- so you'll need an infrared thermometer.

What's your bake time presently?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 06:33:08 PM by scott123 »

Pizza01

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 12:51:33 PM »
i am not going to disconnected it :) its new oven, my wife will shut me down.

baking time is aprrox 10 minute, 7-10 minute.

i dont mind that the broiler will turn off.

whats on my my is how the pizza wil turn out...

thank you for your answer.

Pizza01

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 10:44:57 AM »
scott did you see this ? thats what i was thinking about, now i am certain i am going to try this.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,13230.msg130520.html#msg130520