Author Topic: Newbie Question About Propane Oven  (Read 1147 times)

Offline toille12

Newbie Question About Propane Oven
« on: January 31, 2011, 11:34:27 PM »
Me and my 2 friends are 18 years old and are opening a pizza place in about 2 months , the kitchen we will be taking over has a propane oven.  I am wondering on average how much per month it would cost for the propane?  Any advice will help, thanks.

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
Re: Newbie Question About Propane Oven
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 11:50:46 PM »
way too many variabies.   btu's of oven?  style of oven?  type of place ambient temperature?  what are you making/baking?   
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline toille12

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 11:54:09 PM »
way too many variabies.   btu's of oven?  style of oven?  type of place ambient temperature?  what are you making/baking?   

We will be making new york style pizza, cooking the pizza at a temperature of 550-600 degrees, what does btu's mean? And I'm not exactly sure the style of the oven, I have only seen it once.  Just looking for an educated guess?

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 12:24:43 AM »
need to know what the oven is before we can assume your gas bills.   assuming it's a deck oven, i would say youre looking at 400-500/mo unknowing where you are from/located/size of oven

Offline toille12

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 12:31:26 AM »
Thanks for the advice , I am from Rochester, NY by the way.  I am going to see the kitchen again tomorrow so I will have all the other info. for you tomorrow, if you could check back here tomorrow I'd appreciate the help  :)

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 12:34:49 AM »
get as much oven info as you can.  on the specifications plate, it states the btu's.  also deck, conveyor, rotodeck, LC style air impingment, are important.  pictures are nice.