Author Topic: 6 in 1 - 2 - 3 Pizza Sauce Recipes  (Read 26942 times)

Offline DonC

Re: 6 in 1 - 2 - 3 Pizza Sauce Recipes
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2011, 03:41:28 PM »
Thanks for the 6 in 1 tips,my pizza's are so much better thanks to advice and info I've gotten here!!
This is the 'Primo Gusto"sauce I referred to,I think it's Gordon Foods upscale line of Italian stuff.Ingredients: vine ripened tomatoes(whatever that means these days!!LOL),salt,basil and citric acid. 6 in 1's don't have citric acid but have slightly more salt,210mg per 1/4 cup vs.115mg for the P.G. I prefer it to the extra-heavy Redpack w/basil and the 6 in 1's,but I really think they're all good products,especially for the money in the big cans.The Primo Gusto was $4.99 @ 6lb 11oz and the 6 in 1 was $5.29 @ 6lb 9oz,the Redpack was also $4.99@ 6lb 9 oz.

Offline chickenparm

• In Memoriam
  • Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2011, 03:50:09 PM »
Here is the 6 in 1's that don't have the skins.Scott R told confirmed this was the one I was looking for.The stores never seem to carry it.

http://www.escalon.net/6in1.aspx?b=2

Also,the Primo sauces,I did try that pizza sauce once and it was not what I was looking for.I have yet to find a pre mix sauce in a can that Im going to love.Im very picky thus far.
 :-D

Yet if it helps others in their pizza making and gives them the taste they prefer,then it can be a fine product.
 :)
-Bill

Offline communist

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2011, 03:34:58 PM »
Enjoy this thread on Escalon 6 in 1 tomatoes.  I have been using this as my sauce for my NY pie, and liking it.  I do run it thru the OXO food mill - my daughter likes a smooth sauce.  I order thru the mail, and get 6 cans.  My expiration date is Sept. 2012.  I just got another shipment for back up, and the expiration date is Aug 2014.  Wow.  I am a bit confused with the gap.  Any other experiences with dates out there?  I assume the Aug. 2014 was just canned.  I will have to taste test to see if there is any difference.  I used the 2012 last night, and they tasted fine to me.  Mark

Offline chickenparm

• In Memoriam
  • Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2011, 04:18:09 PM »
Mark,
I wonder if that 2014 exp date means this is a very fresh can that just hit the supply stores?
 :)

I'm going to pick up my 6 in 1 tonight when I head to GFS store.I will check the dates on the cans there too.Its like buying milk or bread,I look for the newest(oldest) exp date I can find.With canned goods,it might not make much difference but still something I do for my mental state of whats fresh.
 :-D
-Bill

Offline communist

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2011, 09:44:20 PM »
Thanks Bill  Let me know what you find. Mark

Offline yaddayaddayadda

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2011, 09:17:46 AM »
I've been into simplicity recently...so my sauce recipe with 6 in 1 is the following:

Open the can, pour the tomatoes into a plastic container

Add about a tsp of sea salt, stir.

That's it.

Offline communist

« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2011, 09:08:04 PM »
It seems a teaspoon of salt for one can is the preferred salt content for most - that is what I add.  I also add one teaspoon each of oregano, onion and garlic powder.  Mark