Author Topic: Bosch cleaning?  (Read 1274 times)

Offline dmaxdmax

Bosch cleaning?
« on: February 04, 2011, 07:17:54 PM »
The following is clipped from an otherwise favorable amazon review:

Cleanup is not fun, not fun at all. I did not like the design of the bowl in this aspect. There are plenty of crooks and crevices that dough gets in that take some scrubbing to get out. Also, the top/center of the bowl serves as the "gears" for some of your accessories, but when not using them, they catch quite a bit of food in them, and it is difficult to clean.

I am particularly concerned because my wife - whom I love more than pizza - loves my output but is driven crazy by my cleanup.  I need easy maintenance tools!  Is the amazon reviewer reasonable or nut?

Thanks.

Dave
Always make new mistakes.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: Bosch cleaning?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 07:39:20 PM »
My wife also hates the clean up, Thats why I do it all :)  . This device has actually made it neater. No flyingflour! I have it now where I make little or no mess at all with 1500 grams of flour! and my opinion is the Unit is very easy to clean!
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 08:48:23 PM »
Here's how I clean the bowl.  I don't....that's right.....sounds odd BUT I have found that if you let the dough dry out in the bowl, it all flakes off and collects at the bottom.  Then just pour it into the trash and wipe with a moist paper towel.   

Of course this is only if I'm mixing pizza dough which is flour, water, salt, and yeast, and sometimes a bit of oil.  The other option is to run it through the dish washer.  It can't be easier than that.

The mixing arms you have to wash by hand anyhow as you can't load that into the washer.  Clean up of the bosch is pretty easy IMO.

Chau

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 09:19:12 PM »
I use a small brush with stiff bristles and a short handle to clean the nooks and crannies. Works well on the mixing arm as well. No big deal at all.

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 11:51:52 PM »
I have a palm sized scrubby brush with the thumb push liquid soap injector at the sink.  A quick scrub under running water makes the bowl and arm perfectly clean again.  By no means is it a difficult clean-up process.  just my .02
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 04:30:02 PM »
I think its just as hard/easy to clean as any other mixer I have owned (kitchen aid, electrolux dlx, santos fork mixer).    They all seem about the same to me.   

pizzapan