Author Topic: Peerless 2324 pizza oven?  (Read 2235 times)

Offline Jasonk

Peerless 2324 pizza oven?
« on: February 13, 2011, 08:05:29 PM »
Hi gang, been lurking for awhile, first post.

I'm nearing the finish line for opening a brewpub and pizzeria, and was tasked 9 months ago by my partners with figuring out the pizza part.  It's been a fun ride and I've learned a lot...I can now say I love making pizza as much as I love making beer.

I've looked at a lot of commercial ovens, of course starting with the Cadillac models like the Baker's Pride and Blodgett, and have been looking more closely at the Peerless 2324 - 4 deck oven.

I'd post a link, but as a new member I guess they're afraid of spam...

At under $4000, it seems a good buy, but there isn't much feedback apart for the model apart from the videos and pics created by Peerless.  I would appreciate any feedback or comments on this or other Peerless products.

One concern I had from the a shop owner in a Peerless video, was that when cooking in pans, it took 7 minutes for a small pizza to cook and 14 minutes for a large (4 pound he said) to finish.  I assume cooking directly on the stones at the ovens max temperature of 650F would shorten this considerably?

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Peerless 2324 pizza oven?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 10:42:45 AM »
I would never buy an unknown oven without trying it first.     The important thing when using an oven at its max temp is finding out if the top and bottom cook at the same rate.   Some commercial ovens have too much bottom heat at max temp.    You could get a good used oven for that same price as well, so make sure you shop around.   for that price you might be able to find a marsal or bakers pride.   

Offline Jasonk

Re: Peerless 2324 pizza oven?
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 09:12:36 AM »
Unfortunately I'm in Japan so I don't have the luxury of experimenting on the Peerless or any other pizza oven for that matter.  I want new because although I'm sure a good used oven won't be problematic, the shipping time for replacement parts would be murder on business.  I'd rather pay a little more for something new that should have a lower chance of quick failure.

The Peerless maxes out at 650, which is what I see for most Baker's Pride models as well.  Still, the thing that struck me as odd was the 7 minute cooking time in pizza pans according to the video.