Author Topic: Questions needed to open Pizza Store  (Read 1577 times)

Offline jakecornercrust

Questions needed to open Pizza Store
« on: February 24, 2011, 07:32:29 PM »
Hi,

My name is Jake.  I currently own an ice cream business.  I am opening up a pizza business at the same location this fall.  I am asking the panel what they recommend what type of equipment I should purchase.  I am thinking about a conveyor oven two stacked.  What price should I be looking at?  I am looking to spend for a used oven in the 5-10 thousand range.  I would also need a vent.  What are some prices on those.  Any valuable advice would be much appreciated.

Thank You
Jake

Offline pizzablogger

Re: Questions needed to open Pizza Store
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 07:56:56 PM »
Jake, where are you located?

In addition, what is your goal with regards to the pizza?

Are you planning to sell primarily slices or whole pizzas?

What style of pizza are you looking to make?

Is the quality of the final product something you are looking towards setting yourself apart with?

What is leading you to choose a conveyor over a deck oven? Conveyors are not the best choice for a high quality pizza, IMO.

Good luck with your venture.
"It's Baltimore, gentlemen, the gods will not save you." --Burrell

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Questions needed to open Pizza Store
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 08:04:40 PM »
Jake,

In parallel with your post here, I suggest that you register and pose your questions at the PMQ Think Tank at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewforum.php?f=6, which is a forum for professional pizza operators. If you can, I would try to direct your questions to George Mills. He is a professional on the equipment side of the pizza business and, as it so happens, he favors conveyor ovens over deck ovens. To get the best response, you will want to provide as much detail as possible, especially the type of pizza you want to make and the volume of pizzas you have in mind. He should be able to answer your questions on venting.

Peter