Author Topic: My version of the square pie at L&B Spumoni Gardens  (Read 199 times)

Offline Chaze215

My version of the square pie at L&B Spumoni Gardens
« on: March 14, 2014, 09:54:32 PM »
Below are a few pics of my first sicilian bake tonight. After my first taste of L & B Spumoni Gardens famous square pie a few weeks ago, I decided to give it a shot (I'm a NY style guy). This was a 2 day cold ferment and baked at 475 for 20 minutes.
Chaz

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Re: My version of the square pie at L&B Spumoni Gardens
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 08:09:06 AM »
Below are a few pics of my first sicilian bake tonight. After my first taste of L & B Spumoni Gardens famous square pie a few weeks ago, I decided to give it a shot (I'm a NY style guy). This was a 2 day cold ferment and baked at 475 for 20 minutes.

Beautiful! It looks like your crumb is more open than L&B though ;) Try a bake at 550 for 15 minutes to get a closer approximation of their bake time/temp.

What cheese did you use? How did it taste?

John

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 08:36:01 AM »
Nice Chaz!  I haven't done one of these in quite awhile.  I think it might be time for one

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 04:21:58 PM »
Beautiful! It looks like your crumb is more open than L&B though ;) Try a bake at 550 for 15 minutes to get a closer approximation of their bake time/temp.

What cheese did you use? How did it taste?

John

Yeah the crumb was a little more open than L&B. I used slices of Saputo wm mozzarella and pecarino romano on top of the sauce. It was very tasty.
Chaz

pizzapan