Following up with this high altitude adjustment effort, I made a tray of pizza last night and have made real progress. I used the Contadina crushed tomatoes I bought from Amazon for the sauce & the sauce is finally back where it needs to be. I have adjusted my dough recipe significantly. I have increased the water by 5%, decreased yeast by 50%, and increased salt by 50%. In doing this, I've been able to slow down the rise so that the dough takes 5-6 hours to fill the pan with the rise instead of the 45 minutes it took when I was using my original low altitude recipe. The results were a tray that was firmly intact and slid out the pan with ease, as it should instead of falling apart like it was when I first moved here.
Now my only remaining issue is the oven in our rental condo. I need to get more bottom browning than I'm currently getting. There needs to be more crisp to it. The crumb has come together but I'm getting a slight gummy layer on top under the toppings. That was not an issue with my previous oven. The cheese is starting to burn before I can get the necessary browning on the bottom and finish baking the crust to eliminate the gummy layer. My guests never noticed and loved the pizza, and the flavor was back where it should be, but I noticed that gummy layer and won't be satisfied until I've eliminated it.
I suppose I may never get the results I want with this rental condo oven but then in 15 months, our house will have been built, we'll be out of the rental, and I'll be back to using quality ovens. Maybe I should just wait until then.... but damn it! I want my VP pizza back!