Author Topic: Pineapple core tool or knife?  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Pizza Inhaler

Pineapple core tool or knife?
« on: November 20, 2010, 12:50:06 PM »
Anyone know of a good pineapple core slicer or should I just use a knife?  Seems like there would be less of a mess with a core tool even though there would be some wasted pineapple.

Offline Crider

Re: Pineapple core tool or knife?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 07:06:24 PM »
Fantes.com has a few pineapple tools. They're a great site for cooking esoterica.

Offline dms

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 07:41:30 PM »
Anyone know of a good pineapple core slicer or should I just use a knife?  Seems like there would be less of a mess with a core tool even though there would be some wasted pineapple.

Unless you need perfect rings, a knife is faster, easy, and less waste.  cut the top and bottom off, so you've got flat surfaces, make about a dozen cuts to get the sides off, cut in half length wise, cut the halves into quarters, and make a single diagonal cut to take the core off.  If you need rings,  cut it into slices instead of quarters, and take the core out with a paring knife. 

You'd need to core an awful lot of pineapples for a single purpose tool to make sense. 

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 12:04:48 PM »

I have had one for about five years now.  I use it all the time.  I love it.  Waste a little, maybe but the ease of use makes it well worth it.  I have the plastic one with different diameters but the metal one might be easier to use but they come with just one diameter.  I recommend you get one.

pizzapan