Author Topic: Free Starters!  (Read 5047 times)

Offline matermark

Re: Free Starters!
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2011, 10:16:22 PM »
Maybe they draw names from a hat...

I haven't received mine.

Offline DNA Dan

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 11:52:42 PM »
Looks like NYbakers pulled their starters. Bummer, was hoping to pick up some of these.

Offline Guts

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 10:58:03 AM »
Looks like NYbakers pulled their starters. Bummer, was hoping to pick up some of these.

DNA Dan sometime in the next few weeks I'm going to go by this place and see it for myself.  one of the things I'm interested in is there extracts but I will ask him about the starter for you.
Guts/AKA/Kim
"Vegetarian - old Indian word for bad fisherman"

Offline DNA Dan

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 01:03:50 PM »
Guts, if you haven't already gone, ask them if they are interested in starting to stock dough enhancers or conditioners. Things like PZ-44. I can only find these items in 25-50lb sacks and they are quite expensive.

Offline Guts

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 08:23:55 PM »
I haven't been there yet. I been pretty busy, but I'm downtown in the afternoon and is just a few miles from where I'm at. If I don't make it this week I will next week. I'll stay in touch Viva this post
Guts/AKA/Kim

Offline Guts

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 08:30:51 AM »
Guts, if you haven't already gone, ask them if they are interested in starting to stock dough enhancers or conditioners. Things like PZ-44. I can only find these items in 25-50lb sacks and they are quite expensive.

Dan I'm getting go by there today. If there open after 4 PM, which I'm going to give them a call.

Have you seen this post about PZ 44

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,16765.0.html
Guts/AKA/Kim

Offline Guts

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 07:44:51 AM »
DNA Dan
I talked to Stan at New York Baker's and he is only open a few days a week. When he is packing his orders to be shipped out. He said that he does not carry starters anymore. As far as the dough enhancers. He doesn't carry them but can get them for you. He also told me that he carries the Italian flour and it sounded to me like he buys in service size bags( large 50 pound bags are so) and repackages them into smaller bags and sells them. I did not talk to him about the pricing. So if you're interested in some enhancers or flour. You might want to drop him an e-mail and inquire about pricing for the things that you are thinking about purchasing. I wanted to talk to him about making my cinnamon rolls with an orange flavor and he suggested orange oil, which is stronger than orange extract. I am going to purchase some orange oil from him next week, he said to give him a call and he would give me his schedule at the warehouse. So this is not just a retail store, but a warehouse. It sounds like it's all done via Internet and shipped out. He said he had a good shipper for his goods for what it's worth. When I meet up with him next week. I'll get some more information from him. Oh, one more thing. He also said that he carries or can get the King Arthur flour. He buys from GS foods in Los Angeles and repackages in smaller amounts, so you wouldn't have to take 50 pounds of the time I'm assuming.

I'll let you know next week how it goes
Kim
Guts/AKA/Kim

pizzapan