Author Topic: A question for those of you who own a Forno Bravo Primavera oven  (Read 2377 times)

Offline nbickett

A question for those of you who own a Forno Bravo Primavera oven
« on: February 23, 2011, 10:33:32 PM »
I wonder about the oven's materials.  Is the interior of the dome made of bricks with mortar or something that surrounds the outside? What composes the interior? What do you imagine composes the exterior and base?

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
Re: A question for those of you who own a Forno Bravo Primavera oven
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 07:01:40 AM »
I have the Primavera 70. FB had all this on their website, but these ovens have no bricks and are made from refractory cement. Interlocking pieces form the dome.

John

Offline ERASMO

• Wood Fired Ovens PA
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 03:30:45 PM »
I have the primavera 60 and if you want to see whats inside just look at the giardino kit on Forno Bravos website.  That kit is the guts of the primavera 60.

Offline forzaroma

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 11:34:35 AM »
Anyone who lives in ny or anywhere with a cold winter do you find any issues with using it in the winter ie insulation and not getting hot enough. I would get one of these first and not build one as I have a FEELING I WILL MOVE ONE DAY.

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 12:16:20 PM »
Anyone who lives in ny or anywhere with a cold winter do you find any issues with using it in the winter ie insulation and not getting hot enough. I would get one of these first and not build one as I have a FEELING I WILL MOVE ONE DAY.

For cooking pizza, not really an issue. If you were trying to retain heat for baking bread then I would not bother. I live in MA, and while I have cooked pizza outside in the 35-40 degree weather, I have not tried it in sub zero. With an outside product like this, you really have to make a choice between standing in the freezing cold to make pizza, or coming to grips with the location in which you have chosen to live.

John

Offline John in Florida

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 01:27:41 PM »
I wouldn't be worried about being cold outside... if you are you may not have cooked with a WFO, if it's 30F outside you'll likely be comfy with warm boots on and a bathing suit...  ;)

Seriously though, don't want water inside and freezing. When you consider the oven will easily get to 1000F when fired the 50-80 difference in outside temp from summer to winter is something only the human body notices, the pie will cook just fine if it's 50 degrees cooler...

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 06:05:10 PM »
When you consider the oven will easily get to 1000F when fired the 50-80 difference in outside temp from summer to winter is something only the human body notices, the pie will cook just fine if it's 50 degrees cooler...

Actually, it won't in the FB Primavera. You will need to fire the oven for a very long time, and then it will be hard to keep the floor temp up without dropping dramatically after the first few pies. This is due to the oven size and wall thickness. The lowest temp I have cooked in is 35 degrees or so, and it was very difficult to say the least.

John

Offline John in Florida

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 05:50:07 PM »
I agree John, but then again I have the same problem with the oven in the summer!  :)

pizzapan