Author Topic: Forno Bravo Napoli photos  (Read 8925 times)

Offline forzaroma

Re: Forno Bravo Napoli photos
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2011, 08:48:27 AM »
Yes. You only have room for one pie in either as well.

John

So whats the advantage of the 70 is they both can do only 1 pir and the 70 doesnt come with a stand?

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2011, 10:45:27 AM »
So whats the advantage of the 70 is they both can do only 1 pir and the 70 doesnt come with a stand?

You have greater flexibility in bake time in having the pie farther from the flames. You can also fit more loaves of bread, and other pans of food. And finally, the dome height ratio is lower, getting you closer to a true neapolitan oven. Truth be told, though, you might be able to fit two 10 in pies in there very snugly.

John

Offline forzaroma

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2011, 10:51:01 AM »

Offline forzaroma

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2011, 04:12:26 PM »
So from what u said you dont need to insulate it again as it is already insulated and come with a chimney? Great looking oven Im almost sold here.

Offline Matthew

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2011, 05:01:48 PM »
So from what u said you dont need to insulate it again as it is already insulated and come with a chimney? Great looking oven Im almost sold here.

I don't know how well insulated it is out of the factory.  I personally wouldn't by the one with the chimney in the middle because you'll lose a tonne of heat.  A friend of mine didn't build a vent on his like I did & it makes alot of smoke initially & then dissipates.  Make sure you have access to a forklight as it weighs a tonne.

Matt

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2011, 10:19:22 PM »
Not sure of your budget or taste but  I will be cooking on the oven shown here in slide show. for my friends stone / mason supply store open house this Thurs 3/3/11 (and getting paid $  ;D) I will snap some pics and let you know how the oven works ( its no Stefano!) but gonna try it see it here. http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,12633.0.html
click a pic then watch slide shown in design kitchen it sure is affordable and easy to put together for a simple starter oven. They also sell a stand for this model just put finish of your choice Soon it will be apparent ! PM me with any ? glad to help  WFO = Wicked Fun Outdoors ! no matter the oven.
John
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:23:41 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline forzaroma

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2011, 08:56:28 AM »
Not sure of your budget or taste but  I will be cooking on the oven shown here in slide show. for my friends stone / mason supply store open house this Thurs 3/3/11 (and getting paid $  ;D) I will snap some pics and let you know how the oven works ( its no Stefano!) but gonna try it see it here. http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,12633.0.html
click a pic then watch slide shown in design kitchen it sure is affordable and easy to put together for a simple starter oven. They also sell a stand for this model just put finish of your choice Soon it will be apparent ! PM me with any ? glad to help  WFO = Wicked Fun Outdoors ! no matter the oven.
John

I am interested for sure take some pics and let me know how they are. Im in Ny so not too far to get the oven back here.

Thanks Mike

Offline forzaroma

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2011, 10:19:40 AM »
I don't know how well insulated it is out of the factory.  I personally wouldn't by the one with the chimney in the middle because you'll lose a tonne of heat.  A friend of mine didn't build a vent on his like I did & it makes alot of smoke initially & then dissipates.  Make sure you have access to a forklight as it weighs a tonne.

Matt

Is this more like yours Matt? Seems the chimney is in fron and the measurments are larger: http://cgi.ebay.com/Portuguese-Wood-Fired-Garden-Pizza-Bread-Oven-36-/120692200027?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c19d0d25b

Offline Matthew

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2011, 10:24:43 AM »

Is this more like yours Matt? Seems the chimney is in fron and the measurments are larger: http://cgi.ebay.com/Portuguese-Wood-Fired-Garden-Pizza-Bread-Oven-36-/120692200027?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c19d0d25b

I don't want this thread to go in another direction so cut & paste this question to my thread & I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Matt

pizzapan