Author Topic: Forno Bravo Napoli photos  (Read 8661 times)

Offline DaveK

Forno Bravo Napoli photos
« on: February 25, 2011, 11:30:11 AM »
Forno Bravo is going head-to-head with Forno Napoletano and the other Italian outifits with the new Napoli commercial oven. It's made in the U.S. and goes for $8-$9K plus freight. That's at least $5K less than a comparable imported oven. It's available in either 120cm (48") or 140cm (56") diameters, and the tile work is fully customizable at the factory.

More info here:

http://www.fornobravo.com/commercial_pizza_oven/napoli.html

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 08:15:25 PM by DaveK »

Offline forzaroma

Re: Forno Bravo Napoli photos
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 11:32:58 AM »
Absolutely beautiful

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 01:48:27 PM »
This oven is nowhere near the same oven as a SF or FN oven. They might look the same but the actual oven is a Modena2g. They just made the outside of the 2g look like a neapolitan oven.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 07:27:23 AM »
oh man thats lame.   really?    im speachless.

Offline Matthew

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 07:40:31 AM »
The only thing that oven has in common with a real Neapolitan oven is the shape.  It's as bad as buying a fake Rolex.

Matt

Offline scott123

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 08:07:02 AM »
It's as bad as buying a fake Rolex.

I think it's worse than buying a fake Rolex. It's like buying a Timex and putting Rolex stickers all over it.

Offline forzaroma

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 08:09:47 AM »
So guess u guys are saying Formo bravo are no good? What do I know

Offline Matthew

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 09:02:14 AM »
So guess u guys are saying Formo bravo are no good? What do I know

Not at all.  Forno bravo does not manufacture any ovens they sell, they supply & assemble.  Their ovens come from a variety of manufacturers, not just one.  They do a very good job at supplying & assembling wood fired ovens for residential & light commercial use.  You can't take a Modena oven, make it look like a SF & compare the two.  There is absolutely no comparison whatsover.  The materials used in construction is what makes the oven, not the facade.  

Matt
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 09:04:44 AM by Matthew »

Offline forzaroma

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 09:08:00 AM »
Ok maybe for a commercial setting but for me who is looking to learn on a wfo you think it is worth it?

Offline scott123

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 09:14:00 AM »
So guess u guys are saying Formo bravo are no good?

Matt stated it very eloquently, but I'll add that there have been some pretty heated discussions over the viability of American Ovens for Neapolitan pizza. There are some *cough* Marco *cough* who feel that if the oven isn't made, in Italy by a particular family, it's pretty much worthless for pizza. Regardless of this differing opinion, I think people on both sides would consider taking an American Oven and dressing it up to look like an Italian one is an incredibly tacky move.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 10:05:02 AM by scott123 »

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 09:25:38 AM »
Ok maybe for a commercial setting but for me who is looking to learn on a wfo you think it is worth it?

I believe that others are questioning the outside design as a copycat of a Stefano Ferrara oven - which has a very distinct look. The decision for FB to replicate this look is probably because they see alot of the upper scale NP restaurant going for imported ovens instead of thier own. You can judge the logic there on your own.

Now looking at the Modena alone, one would be remiss to think the design itself, the dome height, the refractory materials, and thickness specs would not make it a contender in the commercial NP market. I would venture to say that the oven would perform just as well as an SF. Having worked with the miniature of that interlocking design (P70), I get very good results.

John
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 09:30:13 AM by dellavecchia »

Offline forzaroma

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2011, 09:29:40 AM »
Yeah I wouldn't get that oven fir my home I'm talking primavera or something like that. How would the
Primavera perform in winter time as I'm sure insulation is a factor?

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 09:31:36 AM »
Yeah I wouldn't get that oven fir my home I'm talking primavera or something like that. How would the
Primavera perform in winter time as I'm sure insulation is a factor?

I can't tell you the answer to that, as mine is covered in snow.  :'(

John

Offline forzaroma

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2011, 09:38:40 AM »
So you never used it in winter?

Offline DaveK

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2011, 09:47:26 AM »
Not at all.  Forno bravo does not manufacture any ovens they sell, they supply & assemble.  Their ovens come from a variety of manufacturers, not just one.  They do a very good job at supplying & assembling wood fired ovens for residential & light commercial use.  You can't take a Modena oven, make it look like a SF & compare the two.  There is absolutely no comparison whatsover.  The materials used in construction is what makes the oven, not the facade.  

Matt

I hate to correct you, but Forno Bravo now manufactures almost every oven they sell -- from scratch -- here in the US. The only exception is the Artigiano, which is handmade in Italy.

And don't discount the Modena so quickly -- it's comparable to a Pavesi in every way, and the Pavesi is a very popular and respected oven not only in Italy but in all of Europe.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 09:54:19 AM by DaveK »

Offline Matthew

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 09:57:50 AM »
I hate to correct you, but Forno Bravo now manufactures every oven they sell -- from scratch -- here in the US. And don't discount the Modena so quickly -- it's comparable to a Pavesi in every way, and the Pavesi is a very popular and respected oven in Italy and all of Europe.

If I'm wrong I stand corrected. My information came from one of the original distributors of FB & the author of many ebooks sold on the Forno Bravo site.  He helped me with my oven 2 years ago which is when we had this conversation.  I'm not saying that the Modena is not a good oven & have never even heard of the oven that you mentioned. I am referring specifically to a SF.  The Modena is not a new oven & if it's such a great oven then leave it be. Why make it look like something else?

MATT

Offline DaveK

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 10:09:25 AM »
If I'm wrong I stand corrected. My information came from one of the original distributors of FB & the author of many ebooks sold on the Forno Bravo site.  He helped me with my oven 2 years ago which is when we had this conversation.  I'm not saying that the Modena is not a good oven & have never even heard of the oven that you mentioned. I am referring specifically to a SF.  The Modena is not a new oven & if it's such a great oven then leave it be. Why make it look like something else?

MATT

I guess because there's a demand for a high-quality commercial oven, finished in an igloo or dome style, at a more affordable cost than one imported from Italy. I'm sure either is excellent and there's room in the market for both.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2011, 10:20:41 AM »
Only thought I have here is that yes you can compare, and that the absolutely only way Fair to really compare would be in a commercial setting side by side. Forget about the measurements, materials ... You need the same wood, same day,same ingredients,  same dough, same pizziola... Then we look and taste the final product about 90 seconds apart!
Just a guess, but I think the SF might win out?
In the long run our friend in AZ just put in the SF and I think I remember it was around $12K to the door? and he is out of his mind happy with the quality and difference from the American oven he replaced.
As mentioned I am sure this is a good capable Oven, however If the difference was only $3-4K on the biggest investment of your new Neapolitan Pizzeria there would be no doubt in my mind what I would go with.
I would think they are marketing this oven yes, by look, and for those unfortunates who have some money to burn and thinking of opening without reading 1,672 pages here at Pizzamaking.com  ;D
John
ps for home use I love the artigiano looks nice !
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 10:25:47 AM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2011, 10:22:56 AM »

A 48"+ is kind of big for home use. The Primavera is a great oven and their are a few people on here that are getting great results with it. If you might want something bigger there is the Toscana series that comes fully assembled, insulated and ventilated ready to use http://www.fornobravo.com/residential_pizza_oven/toscana-pizza-ovens.html . There is also the Premio2g series http://www.fornobravo.com/residential_pizza_oven/premio2g.html .

Matt, Pavesi is the manufacturer of the Forno Bravo ovens. You know how you see that weird P on the front of the Forbo Bravo commercial ovens, it's their mark.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 10:26:54 AM by BrickStoneOven »

Offline DaveK

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2011, 10:28:59 AM »

Matt, Pavesi is the manufacturer of the Forno Bravo ovens. You know how you see that weird P on the front of the Forbo Bravo commercial ovens, it's their mark.

Used to be. These are now made by Forno Bravo in the US at a much more competitive price.