Author Topic: First try...a little help needed.  (Read 758 times)

Offline HBolte

• Supporting Member
First try...a little help needed.
« on: December 20, 2014, 01:26:15 PM »
My first cracker crust attempt. I used the DKM recipe that Steve used in his post (5.8 oz.) water. Flour was GFS Primo Gusto High Gluten, bleached, bromated & enriched. Boars  Head whole milk mozzarella, Boars Head pre-cut pepperoni.

The dough looked just like Steve's but was very difficult to roll out. I could only get it down to about 1/8 inch thin. Should I use slightly more water in order to be able to roll it out thinner?

I started in a pan placed on stone in a 550* oven. The top was getting done a bit quicker so after 4 minutes I pulled it off of the pan and directly onto the stone for 2 more minutes.

As a thin crust pie it was perfectly acceptable and very good, I would just like to get it to the "cracker" stage. Any suggestions? Thanks!

« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 01:29:13 PM by HBolte »
Hans

Offline CoreyMan

• I Love Pizza!
Re: First try...a little help needed.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 12:47:41 AM »
That pizza looks very nice to me! well done!  :)  Now, I may be an unreliable source as im pretty new to this forum and pizza making alike, but i believe if you were having difficulties rolling the dough thinner what you might find you need to do is rest the dough for 5 -10 minutes to relax the gluten and you should be able to roll thinner after that. im sure some one else could shed more light on how to get it more cracker style, like i say im fairly new at this myself haha.

pizzapan