Author Topic: Kindle Kart - Portland  (Read 1089 times)

Offline R2-Bayou

Kindle Kart - Portland
« on: April 27, 2012, 05:54:10 PM »
Just checked out the Kindle Kart, wood fired pizza cart in Portland, OR.

Here's the review in the Willamette Week, http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-19114-kindle_kart.html

Interesting concept for a cart as they serve pomme frites and burgers in addition to wood fired pizza. I just went for the pizza this time.. $8 for a 12"....

Split a pepperoni and a house made sausage with a buddy. He does a really great job. Its outta the way from where I work downtown and its not amongst the other food cart pods, but definitely worth going out of your way for. Slight sour flavor to the dough, crisp and puffy cornicone, quality mozz, bright tomato sauce, deelish house-made fennelly sausage, touch of fresh basil leaves, and deep flavor from caramelized onions... The pepperoni is sourced from Gartners, a local portland old school butcher (one of the best, non-annoyingly foodie, blue collar butchers in portland). The roni's crispped up great...

All told, it was awesome.. Add them to your list of P-town pizza spots... I love pyro-pizza in southeast too..

Here's a pic of the house made sausage pie...
"Wretched excess is just barely enough."

Offline Tatoosh

• Munch Munch Munch
Re: Kindle Kart - Portland
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 08:36:35 AM »
Dang, I can't get that link to open up.  I worked in downtown Portland for 30 years before retiring.  I'd love to see what a wood fired cart looks like.  I am adapting my Weber with a Pizza Kettle to do pizza using charcoal and wood, so I'd really like to see how their approach works. 
Banana Ketchup Is Not Pizza Sauce - Weber 22.5 OTG, Smokenator 1000, Kettle Pizza Insert, White Mountain 6qt Elec, Cuisinart ICE-20 1.5qt, FMS 1500D sous vide - Mabuhay Pizza!

buceriasdon

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 09:24:47 AM »
Here's a review of the Pizza Kettle  http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/08/slicer-mmmph-tests-the-pizza-kettle-weber-grill-insert.html
I was able to open the link and what I saw was a wood burning oven in the photo. It's not a cart per se, just in the name.
Don

Offline Tatoosh

• Munch Munch Munch
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 10:04:31 AM »
Thanks for the update.  I found an alternative site for some photos of the Kindle.  I was hoping they had opened a portable cart to add to the mix. Nice little place and I love seeing different kinds of quality food showing up in Portland.  There were some great little small food establishments to choose from as I walked downtown or waited to catch one of the trolleys. 

Banana Ketchup Is Not Pizza Sauce - Weber 22.5 OTG, Smokenator 1000, Kettle Pizza Insert, White Mountain 6qt Elec, Cuisinart ICE-20 1.5qt, FMS 1500D sous vide - Mabuhay Pizza!

pizzapan