Author Topic: Stanley's Farmhouse pizza - Austin, TX  (Read 424 times)

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
Stanley's Farmhouse pizza - Austin, TX
« on: March 29, 2014, 09:10:30 PM »
This place recently beat out Pieous (which is in the same area) in a poll, and I have been trying for a month to get there and try it.  It is, however, an outdoor venue and our weather has been horrible on the weekends.  Today was gorgeous, 70 degrees and sunny and we made the trip. 

The pizzeria itself is located in an outbuilding on the grounds of the Jester King brewery, located about 15 miles west of Austin in the Hill country.  The ambiance is great, kids and dogs running around in the open air barn, and lots of good beer for the tasting.

The wait to order was short, considering they were parking us event style in a hayfield, and it took less than 20 minutes for our text to arrive letting us know our pizzas were ready.  We ordered 3 pizzas:

Isabella - Alfredo-Béchamel Sauce, Fresh Mozzarella, Spinach drizzled with Olive Oil, Sundried Tomatoes, Kalamata Olives, Goat Feta - $14

Dexter - Red Sauce, New Jersey Pepperoni, Italian Sausage, Fresh Mozzarella, Caramelized Onions, Calabria Chilies - $14.50

Li'l Heifer - Fresh Mozzarella and Red Sauce - $11.50

The cheese was spot on, the amount of ingredients perfect, they were obviously less than 2 minute pizzas, and everyone thought they were great.  But it felt like there was oil in the dough, no lift at all, and even though the crust looked like it should it was still not quite what I was expecting.

I won't be back, it is just not my kind of place, my kind of Neapolitan.  If you have a large group with a bunch of dogs and kids and enjoy some extremely fine beers, check it out, if you want Neapolitan pizza, head to Pieous or Bufalina (They also have the fine beers).

pizzapan