Author Topic: Il Cane Rosso- Dallas, Tx  (Read 26740 times)

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
Re: Il Cane Rosso- Dallas, Tx
« Reply #180 on: August 01, 2012, 12:03:40 AM »
 jay, are you saying you are giving up on the board? please don't do it! you above post on all of the components is where i am stumped on my pizzas. i struggle with my sauce flavor profile, cheese, and dough method. i was hoping you would go over your total pizza regime to get a better idea of what it takes to put out a consistent product. obviously you are doing a lot of things right.we can all learn from you!!

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #181 on: August 01, 2012, 12:56:10 AM »
I cannot understand why everyone has their undies in a bunch over how we make dough..

Rob is correct...I misspoke earlier.  The CURRENT Workflow is , The workflow has changed dramatically from when we first opened so we don't have to dip into same day as much...it's pretty rare.

we MAY make a batch that will proof at room temp all day and all  night to be used for lunch the next day - if we have time and space.   We're trying to figure out the logistics to be able to consistently do this every day ,.between Dino, Rob and me...we constantly tweak the workflow of how/when we make dough to come up with a pizza that we all like.

I may have said that after 8 hours or so the dough is ready...technically it is, but it is better with the other 2 ways.

Peace out (drops mic).
And you are upset that people have questions?   Now pick up that mic!!!    :o   ;D
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #182 on: August 01, 2012, 07:38:41 AM »
I probably shouldn't answer for Jay, but the way I see it, it's not the questions that are upsetting. It's when people refuse to accept the answers.

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #183 on: August 01, 2012, 07:50:07 AM »
Some people, you can't learn them nothin.
Some people, they can learn any damn thing.
Some people think they know everything already.
And some just talk, and talk, and talk...

*drum solo*
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #184 on: August 01, 2012, 09:49:36 AM »
On a forum like this where just about anyone can participate, it is not possible to legislate behavior. We have to rely on members to govern their own speech and behavior and not be rude or uncivil or put others on the defensive where they are left little choice but to defend themselves, which almost always ends up badly. And there is only so much that Moderators can do. Often the line between acceptable and unacceptable behavior is blurry and subject to varying interpretations, and Moderators have to be careful as not to act in such a way that they are viewed as being heavy handed and dictatorial and as stifling free speech. At the same time, I am aware that we have members who prefer a "no holds barred" approach on the forum. They would like to see other members be like hockey players and jab each other with their sticks and slam each other against the boards and draw blood. Admittedly, that is more interesting, exciting and entertaining but it can also lead to more casualties and hurt feelings. Speaking for myself, as a Moderator, where I am charged with trying to keep the peace, I would prefer that they act as fencers, where there is still a winner at the end but no one gets hurt.

I don't belong to many forums (only one other than this one and I don't often post there) and I don't have any idea as to what goes on there in terms of conduct of its members. My job is to worry what goes on on this forum and on my watch.

Peter

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #185 on: August 01, 2012, 01:11:28 PM »
You are quite a gentleman Peter.....oh, and my girlfriend says you're cute too!   ;D

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #186 on: August 01, 2012, 01:40:21 PM »
.....oh, and my girlfriend says you're cute too!   ;D

Bob,

That can only mean that she needs to have her eyes checked :-D. Or perhaps she confused me with Java (second photo at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,20256.msg199030.html#msg199030), although that would be an insult to Java.

Peter

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #187 on: August 01, 2012, 01:45:25 PM »
Well, as they like to say around here Peter....you are much too modest!  :-[
Glad you an the fellas had a wonderful time.... 8)

pizzapan