Author Topic: Newbie here  (Read 452 times)

Offline pet_thai

Newbie here
« on: March 01, 2011, 03:43:21 AM »
Hi. I am a Norwegian man, 47 years and live and work in Thailand. I have been working here last two year. I am a programmer and been into computer business since 1986 and now I tired of this.

We have just bought a "town house" north of Bangkok. On ground floor I have start making a Italian/European resturant. Start building wooden fired stov this weekend :)

Offline canefame

Re: Newbie here
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 01:16:31 PM »
That is fantastic. Have you had any experience making pizza? What kind of dishes are you thinking about serving in the restaurant? I recommend trying out some oven baked pastas along with pizza.  What other countries in Europe do you plan on recreating their cuisine? I always thought a Greek/Italian restaurant would go well together.
I love making homemade pizza and finding good restaurants in Buckhead.

Offline pet_thai

Re: Newbie here
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 07:22:54 PM »
I used to live in Italy for 3 years. My friend there have a pizzeria. I help him out during the weekends.
Thai people are not easy when it comes to food. They mostly prefer "Thai food", but we have some expat around here. They are working in a Australian gold mine so I have to adjust the food after what they want :)

My plan is to serve baguets in the morning (Thai people like it to). And for the evening, ofcouse pizza, Thai food and different steaks and fish dishes. I am not sure about pasta yet. If i want to serve it, I have to make the pasta my self.

It is not easy to get quality commodities (I am not sure its the right english word), so i have to make some of it my self. Mozzerella, ham, bacon etc.