Author Topic: lehman try moves to varasano try  (Read 3566 times)

Offline varasano

• Seeking perfection
Re: lehman try moves to varasano try
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2005, 03:06:06 PM »
I shattered it twice at $140 each

Offline PizzaSuperFreak

• Pizza SuperFreak! Superfreak!...Rick James, b#@ch!
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2005, 09:17:44 AM »
I got my new laser thermometer in last night, so i threw together a quick dough for the occasion.

To those who have tried the higher heat method, I have some questions...

Due to me being sick and needing to sortof rush the process, I didn't fully let the oven heat to the proper temps. I took a reading of around 750 on the stone and reflected the foil that was on top of the stone to get the radient heat in the oven and it was around the same temp.

The stone was placed on the upper 3/4 of the oven. It took the pizza about 2.5-3 minutes to cook.

Results:

Due to uneven heat on the stone (for some odd reason) the bottom of the pizza burned on half of it. This happened to be the half toward the back of the oven. Could this have been due to opening the oven in order to put the pizza in? Did it cool the stone in the front?

Also, the part of the crust that didn't burn was very floppy and not crisp on the bottom at all. The top was done to perfection.

Any ideas?

Offline varasano

• Seeking perfection
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2005, 10:29:13 AM »
Did your foil cover half the stone or all of it. I use two pieces which have a small amount of overlap.

If could be the heating element in your oven.  Use the termometer to run a variety of spot checks.  If your oven itself is uneven, you will have to play games with the foil til you work out a method to even it out. Maybe one side gets triple foil, etc.

Jeff

pizzapan