Author Topic: Buttermilk N.Y. Pizza  (Read 5582 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Buttermilk N.Y. Pizza
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 05:02:40 PM »

It just made me chuckle, can you imagine using 61% IDY! roughly the same weight as the water I use.

Paul,

That gave me a good chuckle too!   :-D  I could be wrong about Steve's amount of IDY.  Maybe he will get the last laugh. 

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

PaulsPizza

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 05:07:33 PM »
Maybe that's his secret to such good looking pies....lol
Would love to know the fermentation time for a 61% IDY dough... haha

Paul,

That gave me a good chuckle too!   :-D  I could be wrong about Steve's amount of IDY.  Maybe he will get the last laugh. 

Norma

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 06:42:34 PM »
OOPS!!! Oh My Word!!! 61% IDY????  YIKES!!!

Yeah, sorry. That's the hydration. .25% is the yeast value.

PaulsPizza

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 06:38:08 AM »
Paul,

I am not sure, but think Steve’s container was a Rubbermaid “TakeAlongs” container that holds 6.25 cups or 1.47 L.  I am not sure of the weight of Steve’s dough ball, but it made a 16" pizza.

Norma

I'm guessing that if Steve is making a 16" pie those containers will hold a 400-440gram dough ball and have enough room for expansion right?

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 09:08:40 AM »
I'm guessing that if Steve is making a 16" pie those containers will hold a 400-440gram dough ball and have enough room for expansion right?

No problem at all. My typical dough ball is 570g for a 16" pie. There's always plenty of room in that size container, even when room temp proofing for several hours.

PaulsPizza

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2011, 09:19:15 AM »
No problem at all. My typical dough ball is 570g for a 16" pie. There's always plenty of room in that size container, even when room temp proofing for several hours.

Thanks Steve.
I have searched high and low for a similar container here in the UK with no luck.
I will look at buying a load from the US and shipping them over if the price isn't OTT.
Can you remember how much you paid for them Steve? I have been on the rubbermaid website but can't see any prices.

Thank you,

Paul
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:28:49 AM by PaulsPizza »

Offline hotsawce

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2011, 02:18:29 PM »
The undercarriage color the buttermilk seems to give looks divine.

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2011, 03:00:21 PM »
The undercarriage color the buttermilk seems to give looks divine.

It seems to give an extra measure of crisp to the bottom as well.

Paul
 If I remember correctly, they cost somewhere between 3.50 and 4 U.S. dollars for a pack of 3.
 Any like sized containers will work fine.

Here ya go. I don't know if Amazon ships to UK or not but..........
http://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-FG7F52RDFCLR-Take-Alongs-Containers/dp/B0011144CC/?tag=pizzamaking-20

Looks like either I was wrong or the price went up.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2011, 05:30:40 PM »
Steve,

When looking at the Rubbermaid Takealong containers for Paul, some of ones here in the US are different prices.  I purchased mine at Dollar General and they weren’t too much either in a package of 3.  This is only one place that carries the Rubbermaid Takealong containers in the US at Ace Hardware Superstore for a 3 pk. for 4.63.  http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=68&page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=57486&category_id=2387

I don’t know what the equivalent of Rubbermaid in the UK would be.  I did try looking on the web for Paul, but couldn’t find Rubbermaid in the UK.  I will try looking for Paul more about what kind of plastic containers there might be in the UK.

Norma

PaulsPizza

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2011, 03:26:15 AM »
Thanks Norma, that's very kind of you to look for me.

Thank you,

Paul
Steve,

When looking at the Rubbermaid Takealong containers for Paul, some of ones here in the US are different prices.  I purchased mine at Dollar General and they weren’t too much either in a package of 3.  This is only one place that carries the Rubbermaid Takealong containers in the US at Ace Hardware Superstore for a 3 pk. for 4.63.  http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=68&page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=57486&category_id=2387

I don’t know what the equivalent of Rubbermaid in the UK would be.  I did try looking on the web for Paul, but couldn’t find Rubbermaid in the UK.  I will try looking for Paul more about what kind of plastic containers there might be in the UK.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator

Offline Tman1

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2011, 08:14:58 AM »
Norma,

You can use that last picture for March's upside down pizza contest!    :-D

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2011, 08:47:16 AM »
Norma,

You can use that last picture for March's upside down pizza contest!    :-D

Tman1,

Good idea!  :-D  I have lots of bottom crust shots.

Norma

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2011, 08:59:44 AM »
Steve,

Just for anyone who has a 99 Cent store near them, they have the Rubbermaid Take-Alongs in 2 packs for 99 cents each.  Pretty good deal.  You can stock up for your next pizza party. 

pizzapan