Author Topic: New to the Forum, Comments on Electrolux DLX2000 (N24)  (Read 2074 times)

Offline pizzamagic

• I Hate Bad Pizza!
    • ScottBergerPhotography
New to the Forum, Comments on Electrolux DLX2000 (N24)
« on: May 07, 2005, 11:13:36 AM »
I've been lurking for the last few weeks, reading all the excellent posts on making pizza. I've printed and read the Lehman NY Style Pizza thread about three times.  I had started by buying local (Brooklyn) pizza dough and baking it myself. A few weeks ago I started using a Zo bread maker but wasn't really pleased by the texture. I then started kneading the dough by hand and got a much better result. This week, based on my research here (thanks Varsano!), I bought an Electrolux DX 200 (DLX 2000, N24) at the Buzz on Coney Island Ave. in Brooklyn for the rediculously low price of $399. The cheapest I saw it online was $469 even from the same store. I used it this morning for the first time and I was very pleased. A perfect dough ball in under 10 minutes. The Friction Factor was negligible. I used the formulas on this site to make up a batch for two 14 inch pizzas with a Thickness Factor of .13. I used:
 25 oz KA all purpose flour (Sir Lancelot on order)
 15 oz water (60%)
 0.25 0z IDY (1%)(I plan to use the dough today, o/w I use ADY)
 2% salt
 3% olive oil
I plan to preheat the oven at 500 with a Fibrament Pizza Stone on the bottom shelf and a smaller rectangular old pizza stone on the top shelf.

You guys have taught me alot.
Thanks,
Scott
Best Regards,
Scott

Offline pizzamagic

• I Hate Bad Pizza!
    • ScottBergerPhotography
Re: New to the Forum, Comments on Electrolux DLX2000 (N24)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 03:57:34 PM »
Just a follow up as I sit with a stuffed belly after eating the above pizza. The crust was the best I've made so far. It was very crispy and the slice didn't droop when I held it at the crust :) . The crust was crisp but airy inside with nice bubbles. The pre cooked dough wound up being very energetic and after 2 hours of rising in a warm kitchen, I had to knock it down, reform the ball in my hands with some gentle kneading,with no added flour and let it rise a second time till I was ready for it. I probably could have used less yeast. My sauce is a 1/2 and 1/2 combination of Vincent's Marinara and Vincent's Mild, strained of the water.
I'm happy and stuffed!
Regards,
Scott
Best Regards,
Scott

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
Re: New to the Forum, Comments on Electrolux DLX2000 (N24)
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 08:26:22 PM »
I'm still dreaming of the DLX :-)

Great machine from what I have read and still do.

Dang, so so nice.  I want one !

Mark
Pizzamaker, Rib Smoker, HomeBrewer, there's not enough time for a real job.