Author Topic: Bosch Dough Bowl Report  (Read 1863 times)

Offline PizzaProbie

• Lifetime Member
Bosch Dough Bowl Report
« on: March 08, 2011, 03:27:14 AM »
Hi,  Got the new Bosch dough bowl last Friday..It works great, keeps the dough low in the bowl...Mixes dough very well...We did a small mix of 500 grams of flour and it picked the flour up from the bottom of the bowl very very quick.  The bowl is much easier to empty than the original bowl on the universal plus.  Clean up was quick and easy..With no center post it very user friendly..$139.99 from FYKitchens delivered..

Ed

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: Bosch Dough Bowl Report
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 07:02:31 AM »
Thanks for the review on the bowl Ed.  I'm glad it does a good job at mixing.  Have you mixed the same recipe/500 Gm dough ball in the original bowl for a side by side comparison?  Does the new bowl mix a better dough?  I would love to know.

Chau

Offline dmaxdmax

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 08:47:25 AM »
Ed,  Thanks for the info.  You're making me sorry that I didn't order one with my mixer.

Speaking of which.....I ordered mine on the 28th and never got a shipping confirmation.  Nothing since the immediate receipt.  Did the send you one or the thing just show up?  I sent them an email yesterday and if I don't hear back I'll call them.

Mix in Peace!
Dave
Always make new mistakes.

Offline PizzaProbie

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 12:54:47 PM »
Chau,
We have made the same size batches in both our regular stainless bowl and the plastic one, the quality of the dough appears to be the same...The dough bowl combines the ingredients very quickly, leaving the sides clean..The dough hook has a cover on one prong that wipes the bottom and side of the bowl...

DMAX
Call their 800 number and talk to Shannon, she has taken very good care of us...UPS has had delays out of Salt Lake City due to terrible road conditions . The weather that went thru last week has things backed up a little.The Bosch is worth the wait. Our bosch is past its first birthday..The Kitchen Aid pro 600 went to mixer heaven in 6 months.

Ed

Offline dmaxdmax

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 08:57:15 PM »
Ed,

You were right, Shannon was great.  Unfortunately upon talking to her I ordered the SS dough bowl.  Obviously pizza is more important than money.

Dave

Offline PizzaProbie

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 09:00:26 PM »
Dave, Its only money...Enjoy your Bosch when you get it..

Ed
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 01:15:30 AM by PizzaProbie »

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 09:58:57 PM »
The Kitchen Aid pro 600 went to mixer heaven in 6 months.

It's a shame how they cheaped out on them isn't it? We've had our K5 for going on 17 years now, and I put it to its limit often. A few months ago, I thought it was giving out, but I guess I was imagining things. It seems to be running as good as ever.

Craig
Pizza is not bread.

Offline PizzaProbie

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 01:12:52 AM »
TXCraig,
Our K5 is going on 19.
 You're right the new KA stuff is'nt anywhere near the quality of the older machines...The old K5 will probably outlive me.

Ed.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 01:14:53 AM by PizzaProbie »

Offline dmaxdmax

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 10:28:15 PM »
Ed - my bowl arrived without any paperwork.  How the heck do you get the splash guard off?  The plastic bowl's ring goes on and off with a click but the SS one won't budge. 

Thanks
Dave

Offline PizzaProbie

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 03:06:30 AM »
Dave,

Ours was tight the first time we removed it.  It turns counter clockwise about 3/8 of a inch, then its free.  
The small upper piece turns clockwise. They both are tight to start with...The dough bowl shield hooks are on the inside of the bowl same as the stock bowl..This bowl just sits down on the drive without twisting to hook.  It stays in place really well. My wife gave ours a tap with her palm to loosen the shield the first time..The dough hook is attached over a three slot spiral..Easy after the first time..The hook goes on clockwise..Hope this helps..Pm if you need help and i'll send you my #..

Ed
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 03:08:36 AM by PizzaProbie »

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 07:27:44 AM »
Ed,

Thanks for the review. I'm sure that before long, I won't be able to live without one of these!   :angel:

Offline PizzaProbie

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 03:27:43 AM »
Full capacity dough bowl report,  Mixed 2000 grams of high gluten four at 65% hydration. Worked great, didn't push it over the top...Then used standard ss bowl, it will only do 1500 grams at 65% hydration for us before dough comes over the top...We do large pizza and poker parties once a month... The dough bowl allows us to mix all we need without having to clean bowls between batches...For us the dough bowl is very easy to clean, my wife says easier than regular ss bowl..The plastic bowl is our back up if needed...We have a dough hook for each bowl to speed up the prep process...
 We've tried caputo 00, and honeyville XL high gluten...Both work fine in our dough bowl at 65% hydration.. :pizza:
At this rate I may order another dough bowl...A guy can't have too many pizza doohickeys..

Ed
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 04:01:19 AM by PizzaProbie »

pizzapan