Author Topic: Pizza Hut!  (Read 1109 times)

Offline SinoChef

• Not delivery ha ....OMG you.... Digiornoed me
Pizza Hut!
« on: March 25, 2011, 09:42:26 PM »

But hey, it's in China.

First visit to a PH this century. I had a friend that worked at one late 80's - early 90's. (High School) so we had plenty of pizza. But, as many have stated here. What happened? I cant eat what they are serving these days. Way to much "Science" flavor in the dough.

So, PH in China. The first thing here, they don't seem to have any guide lines for decor. I was lost one day in a Shanghai suburb, and stumbled on this 3 story  glass cathedral with only the little red hat symbol on the front. Gorgeous dinning room. White linen table clothes, I thought it was in a fine dinning establishment at first glance.

The one in the pic I have here was not as elaborate, but it was 2 stories, and that is real marble flooring.

Menu is about 20+ pages, wine, fresh vege and fruit juices, about 15 desserts. Also Fillet Mignon, rack of lamb, pork chops, and that is salmon in puff pastry there at the bottom right.

Corn, peas, carrots, celery, green beans. For build your own. :-D

I know they were marketing "stuffed Crust" when I left the US about 3 years ago, But are they doing this type of stuffed crust now?

So I went with 6 inch personal pan with chicken nuggets, corn, BBQ sausage, and pepper.

Chicken nuggets and corn, actually kind of worked.

I think it is pretty much the same dough as the last couple pies I had in the US. Fluffy white bread. They did manage to get the fried bottom close to home. But, either they are not washing the pans correctly, or what ever oil they use was rancid. :-X

So about 5.30$ USD for lunch.

In keeping with the non negative atmosphere on this forum.

I will just say; this is, and that will be my last visit to PH.

A thread discussing frozen pizzas here reminded me of Totinos. I would kill for one of those right now!

Also, I can walk out my front door, and get the most amazing bowl of noodle,veg, meat, and spice for less then a buck, by owner/operators who care.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 10:13:20 PM by SinoChef »

Offline SinoChef

Re: Pizza Hut!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 09:45:31 PM »

Offline SinoChef

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 09:46:26 PM »

Offline SinoChef

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 09:47:13 PM »

Offline SinoChef

Breakfast, Dinner, and sometimes lunch!
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 10:10:29 PM »

Mala Tang!

About a buck USD. If you like Anthony Bourdain on the travel Channel, "No Reservations" show. This is a close cousin to the Vietnamese Pho he rants about. "Vibrant" would be the only way to describe this magic.

I fall asleep thinking about what combination of things I will be having for breakfast.

The cute couple that runs this shop, think I am nuts. But, man, it is so good. At least once a day I am there....

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 01:51:58 AM »
Very cool review.  That's funny to me how some of the Chinese restaurants here are hole in the walls, while the PH's here seem like hole in the walls compared to the PH over there.   I'd stick with the noodle bowl myself, but I'm partial that way.   ;D

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 04:41:20 PM »
I went to pizza hut in Hong Kong and had the same experience. I was flabbergasted by how nice the restaurant was. It was really different and fun to see all the different kinds of pizzas they had there we don't have here. My friend and I were just really excited because of the fact that they had Mt Dew in the pitcher. The no refills, and their "large" being about 20 ounces was really hard for me. I expect they dont see two people put away an entire pitches very easily very often.

Jeff