Author Topic: Pasta Crust Pizza  (Read 1808 times)

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Pasta Crust Pizza
« on: March 09, 2011, 08:13:41 PM »
I did put this pasta crust pizza in this monthís challenge, but didnít want to clutter up that thread with pictures and what ingredients I used.  

Any kind of pasta can be used to make the crust for a pasta crust pizza.  I used egg yolks, grated Parmesan cheese and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, flour and cooked pasta for the crust.

The crust needs par-baked for approximately 10 minutes or a little more.  

The dressings I used were Lesís sauce, chopped Roma tomatoes, fresh minced garlic, onion, mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano, herbed cream cheese, chicken, oregano, and Italian seasonings.  Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil. After the bake, fresh basil was place on top of the pizza.  After the crust sets, then I topped the crust and continued baking until the edges turned slightly brown and the bottom crust also turned slightly brown.  Any kinds of dressing could be used in a pasta crust pizza.

After the pasta pizza comes out of the oven, if it sits for about 10 minutes it is easy to cut into slices and take out of the deep-dish pan.

Pictures below

Norma
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:15:57 PM by norma427 »
Always working and looking for new information!

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Re: Pasta Crust Pizza
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 08:15:15 PM »
end of pictures

Norma

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 01:04:19 AM »
That definitely looks interesting. Have you tried to just rolling out fresh pasta and using that? I wonder how that would work compared to spiral pasta. It seems like it would look more like pizza.

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 08:02:02 AM »
jeffereynelson,

The pasta crust pizza was different.  I think your idea of using fresh pasta would be great!  :) I think using fresh pasta would look more like a pizza, too.  

Reheated the taste of the pasta pizza, even got better.  These are two pictures of how the pasta pizza looks before the reheat.  The flavors come out better the second time.

This is the recipe if anyone want to try out a fresh pasta pizza.  I used more ingredients in my pasta pizza, because I used a bigger deep-dish pan, but any kind of pan could be used.

Norma
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 08:04:17 AM by norma427 »

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 08:03:40 AM »
Two pictures of pasta pizza crust, before reheat.

Norma

pizzapan