Author Topic: Pizza Sophia  (Read 30162 times)

Offline Villa Roma

• In search of the ever elusive leopard spots!
Re: Pizza Sophia
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2008, 12:41:54 AM »
Ha Ha Ha, that's pretty funny. Of course it's well known that Dirty Harry was a huge pizza fan. Take a look, this is from some footage that wound up on the cutting room floor.  ::)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 12:46:44 PM by Villa Roma »

Offline scpizza

• Demystifying Neapolitan Pizza
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2008, 08:32:08 AM »
Pftayalor, congrats on your oven.  Looking at the recipe, procedure, and pictures it seems Raquel has evolved from a NY style to a Neapolitan.

Agreed with your thoughts on toppings.  I think at the meager quantities needed for flavor balance with the rest of the pizza many toppings come in chunks too big to provide fair coverage, thus creating the urge to put too much on.

Offline pftaylor

• Life's Short. Get Wood Fired Up!
Pizza Sophia
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2008, 01:08:17 PM »
scpizza,
Interesting observation.

Ive decided to respond to your thoughtful post in the Pizza Raquel thread simply because with the advent of the Raquel Oven and Santos mixer I have now standardized both styles from a centralized and optimized dough management platform irrespective of flour used.
Pizza Raquel is Simply Everything Youd Want.
www.wood-firedpizza.com

Offline November

• Come for the food. Stay for the science.
    • Uncle Salmon
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2008, 06:03:39 PM »
In honor of Sophia Loren being voted the world's most beautiful natural woman, at the unbelievable age of 71 no less, I just had to dust off my tribute to her.

I'm surprised it wasn't because she is the Star of the Month at Turner Classic Movies this month:

http://www.tcm.com/thismonth/article/?cid=196837
http://www.tvguide.com/news/sophia-loren-interview/080618-01

Offline trosenberg

• Burning Desire for Pizza
« Reply #104 on: July 07, 2008, 09:10:47 PM »
Dear Pftaylor,  I have tried several excellent dough recipes but I have had the best luck with yours.  Using Caputo & my wood fired oven I made about 10 pies all excellent. Margarita, Quatro Formagio, White Clam, whatever, they were great.  Verasano, Lehman, & Reinhart,  have nothing on you!
Trosenberg