Author Topic: PennMac-New Pizza Makers Tab  (Read 2166 times)

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
PennMac-New Pizza Makers Tab
« on: May 08, 2005, 12:34:51 PM »
I thought our membership might be interested in knowing that PennMac has added a Pizza Makers tab to its website. See http://www.pennmac.com/page/27. Now, we can order the Caputo 00 pizzeria flour in smaller bags (repackaged) as well as the big bag, and also the Ezzo stick pepperoni, tomatoes, etc. Our new member Rose, of PennMac, was responsible for bringing this about. Hopefully, new items will be added later under the new Pizza Makers tab.

Thanks, Rose, for all your help.

Peter

Offline MTPIZZA

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: PennMac-New Pizza Makers Tab
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 08:21:32 PM »
how fitting on mother's day I find this to be true...thanks Rose!!  Pete thanks for pointing the way!! Now...look out pizza fans...lets get going!

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 02:12:51 PM »
Can't wait to place my first (err, second) order!!  ;) ;D 8)
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline pizzamagic

• I Hate Bad Pizza!
    • ScottBergerPhotography
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 12:59:22 PM »
Rose from PennMac has been very responsive. I got a PM from her today in response to a question. I have been in contact with a regional sales rep from Grande, Michael Garafolo. He covers the NYC area. He's very nice and also makes his own pizza. Unfortunately there are very few distributors anywhere, that want to deal in less then a case. He may have one on Long Island or Staten Island. I have found the following distributors that will ship to us little guys. Some of you have already mentioned them:
www.vernscheese.com $3.19/lb Whole Milk Mozz. in block
www.pennmac.com $3.99/lb (Rose, is this price negotiable?)
www.dibruno.com  $8.99/lb Not a mistake-verified by phone and e-mail. Just a robbery
!
Here is a response I got back from DiBruno after I emailed them about their price:
You never came across to us as a reseller of cheese. If you are and you intend to do regular volume business with us as a reseller, then we may be able to quote you a wholesale price. Until then the retail price for a regular consumer customer is $8.99. If you can purchase this cheese for $3.19 per pound, then we think you should, especially if these distributors are willing to sell it to you in small quantities for that price.
Best Regards,
The Staff at Di Bruno Bros.
customerservice@dibruno.com
www.dibruno.com
Toll-free: 888-322-4337

Not very pleasant to say the least!
If I can get a local NYC distributor that sells retail, I'll post it.

Addendum: I spoke to Michael Garafola from Grande again. He had no problem trying to help me out. Unfortunately, there is only one Grande distributor in the NYC area that will sell to walk in retail customers. That is Sasone in the Bronx on Bronxdale Avenue in the Morris Park section. No mail order.  Thank goodness for PennMac and Vern's.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 07:58:31 PM by pizzamagic »
Best Regards,
Scott

pizzapan