Author Topic: 24 hr dough results  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Chet

24 hr dough results
« on: March 11, 2011, 07:57:07 PM »
attached are some of tonight;s pies with my 24hr refrigerated dough, 4-5 min knead time, balled and right in the fridge, a day later I removed them for 2-3 hr room temp and bake.

Chet
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 07:58:43 PM by Chet »

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
Re: 24 hr dough results
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 12:05:34 AM »
Those look fantastic! Nice Work!
 :pizza:
-Bill

Offline fazzari

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 01:06:48 AM »
agreed.......very nice

john

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 02:20:31 AM »
looks good, your crust looks more professional than most mom and pop pizza shops
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 07:30:15 AM »
Wow nice big guys are those 18" What kind of oven do you have and what was the temp & cook time? Is your square one in the box the same dough? Looks a little lighter?
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 08:38:02 AM »
Wow nice big guys are those 18" What kind of oven do you have and what was the temp & cook time? Is your square one in the box the same dough? Looks a little lighter?
John

Offline Chet

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 10:29:52 AM »

Hello John

My round pie and sq pies are different dough, the sq pie is a same day dough recipe by Compl3x over on Emergency doughs,my daughter likes a Sicilian dough,  the round pies are 18" cooked on a soapstone at 525 deg for approx 4-5 minutes, as for the flour, I have tried about 5 different 50lb bags over the last year, I am back to GM Full Strength around 12.8% protein 65% hydration, normally let this in the refrigerator for 3 days. for some reason I forgot to make it 3 days ahead of time, so I made it Thursday around 10 am and it was excellent, very easy to shape and the flavor was on par with a 3 day ferment, still need some pizza sauce tweaking, cheese is no problems, I tried some fresh mozzerala on one of the pies mixed with some Grande blend, not bad. once I get my sauce down, I will have a pizza that the family thinks is a decent pie. I use this flour for breads, Foccacia. ect.

Chet

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 10:49:38 AM »
Looking good Chet. I really like the look of that cheese pie!

What is your sauce, and what sorts of tweaks are you looking at?

Craig
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 10:56:49 AM »
I believe that the c0mpl3x recipe that Chet used is the one at Reply 7 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,8297.msg109552.html#msg109552.

I plan to add that recipe to the collection at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,8297.msg71576.html#msg71576. I usually wait until there are enough good results to support inclusion of recipes into the collection. BTW, I am also willing to remove recipes from the collection if warranted based on member experience. I don't automatically look at every new emergency dough recipe to see if it should be in the collection so I invite members to let me know if there is one that should be included.

Peter

scott123

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 05:16:35 PM »
Chet, where are the crumb shots that you promised us?  ;D

Offline Chet

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 10:34:17 PM »
Scott

I keep forgetting about the crumb shots, the kids & guest did not give me a chance for crumb shots, they are hanging around the oven like wolves LOL, by the way GM Full Strength is a keeper, I have a bag of All Thrumps made a few pies and was not thrilled with it, it could of been the recipe, I used the same recipe as I do with Full Strength, actually I am liking the dough better at 1 to 2 days than 3-4 days, I am using refrigerated spring water from the supermarkets, I make a single batch of 1300 gram dough ball, I am using around 430grams for an 18" pie.

Chet

PS was in the baking mood again today, check out the sticky buns

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 11:39:54 PM »
Wow looks just like Sarah Lee!  ;) Did you remove them from the baking pan to reheat? Could you share the recipe for those sticky buns ?
Thank you!
John

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 11:49:37 PM »
Chet,

If you decide to post your sticky buns recipe, please start a new thread so that we don't send this thread off in a new direction. If you used pizza dough to make the sticky buns, you can start the new thread under the Other Types board. Otherwise, use the Off-Topic board. You might also want to repost the photos.

Thanks.

Peter

Offline gtsum2

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 10:06:47 AM »
very nice looking pies.  If I may ask, what technique do you use to get your rim looking SO GOOD????

Offline Chet

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 01:10:18 PM »
Chet,

If you decide to post your sticky buns recipe, please start a new thread so that we don't send this thread off in a new direction. If you used pizza dough to make the sticky buns, you can start the new thread under the Other Types board. Otherwise, use the Off-Topic board. You might also want to repost the photos.

Thanks.

Peter

No problem Peter, I will go into details in another thread in off topic.

Chet

Offline Chet

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 01:23:35 PM »
very nice looking pies.  If I may ask, what technique do you use to get your rim looking SO GOOD????

The shape is not hard to get, it's the dough texture, it has to be in your favor to stretch and not shrink or skin. I will be the first to admit, there were alot of times that I thought I was making rubber, but after making pizza dough for around 7-8 yrs at home I still mess up, but had some good results over the last yr or so, I invested in a digital scale and I am more consistent than ever, I start with some flour on the table, remove the dough from the container gently trying not to mess up it's shape, start pressing from the center out with finger tips. not to hard in the center, I sort of leave a mound and work out to a rim. not really hard, the dough has be right. stone temp and the hydration has to be right to get the initial oven spring.

Chet

Offline turo1973

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 03:21:27 PM »
nice pizza :), can you share the recipe?

cheers!