Author Topic: Casa Bianca Pizza Pie - Los Angeles (PICS)  (Read 2796 times)

Offline snowdy

• i pledge allegiance to the pizza
    • Dataheadz Design
Casa Bianca Pizza Pie - Los Angeles (PICS)
« on: May 08, 2005, 07:59:33 PM »
My wife and i were up at the getty museum in Los Angeles last weekend. We live about 45 minutes from LA so don't really know the best pizza places up there. So i looked online at the top places and saw some good reviews for Casa Bianca Pizza Pie in Silver Lake (an area in Los Angeles). The place (and street it was on) was like going back to the same time from the movie back to the future.. everything looks like 1955 and sure enough this place is celebrating its 50th anniversary.

It was very old school. Opens at about 3 or 4pm on the weekends and before it opens there is a HUGE line around the corner waiting to get in. That gave it away that this place was going to be good. (see the first pic attached).

The crust is a cracker crust with a very unique crunch.. i cant explain it.. it feels like you're biting into a sponge but a crispy sponge, not in a bad way but very unique. Also the cheese is very tasty.

I read online that they make their own sausage so we got a pepperoni and sausage pie. The sausage was very good, but almost so rich that after 2 slices i had to pick it off. It was just too much meat and too strong of flavor after awhile.

This place definitely has a very unique pizza unlike anything you will ever find anywhere else. Most places you can always compare styles or whatever but the style of their cracker crust and unique flavors are worth trying this place out.

I wouldnt rank it among the best places ive ever eaten. But for what we have in California.. this place is definitely on my top 10 list due to the uniqueness, the atmosphere, and just the overrall feel of the place.

I recommend trying it if you are ever near silverlake in los angeles.

Here is a link from city search:
http://losangeles.citysearch.com/profile/70973/

It looks like they probably have some kick ass pastas too but ive only had the pizza.

Here are some pics i took.. sorry for the bad lighting on a few of them.

:)

« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 08:03:18 PM by snowdy »

Offline snowdy

• Dataheadz Design
Re: Casa Bianca Pizza Pie - Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 08:00:46 PM »
heres some pics of the inside. their wall of movie star pics is the best ive ever seen because of 1 reason (notice booger from revenge of the nerds on the bottom right) WOOT WOOT!!!  ;D

Offline snowdy

• Dataheadz Design
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 08:01:22 PM »
some pics of the pizza:

Offline snowdy

• Dataheadz Design
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 08:02:54 PM »
some pics i took at home of the slices with better light... they cut the pizza in criss crosses which is kind of cool. you end up with some pieces that have an edge and some that are just from the middle and cut in diamond shapes. The crust at this place is super thin, super crispy and has a very unique crisp to it, not just crispy but like a sponge crisp.. i cant really explain it but it rocks!

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Casa Bianca Pizza Pie - Los Angeles (PICS)
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 03:25:30 AM »
not only does that pie look amazing, but BOOGER!!!   I love that you picked that one out.   A true hero

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 09:44:53 AM »
Made me hungry.  It looks like the pizza was rolled but not sure.

Randy

Offline snowdy

• Dataheadz Design
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 01:10:34 AM »
randy, youre probably right.. definitely looks rolled out, its pretty even the whole way through, there is no puff on the rim.. its just like the slice continued in same thickness.

pizzapan