Author Topic: Polly-O Question  (Read 1927 times)

Offline spacelooper

• I Love Pizza!
Polly-O Question
« on: March 18, 2011, 02:04:11 PM »
I have been making Deep Dish pies in my Toaster Oven lately and for the most part have had good success., improving each time. I am using Loowaters Malnati crust recipe for a 10" pie. Sauce is Cento Whole tomatoes, drained, deseeded, drained, hand crushed, drained. My first pie, a cheese pizza,  I used half Boars Head Mozzarella, half Boar's Head Provolone... the provolone was too strong. Next pie I used Boars Head Mozzarella mixed with Polly-O Whole milk Mozzarella this pie was a vegetarian meat pie using veggie sausage and veggie pepperoni. I noticed a bit of moisture in this pie and thought it was the veggie meat product. The last pie I made was a cheese pie again but this time I used half Polly-O whole Milk Mozzarella and half Polly-O Part skim. This pie was down right watery. I am fairly sure it is NOT the tomatoes because I drain them several times. I bought the 1 lb blocks of Polly-O. I had read of Low Moisture Polly-o but looks like that may only be the 6 or 7 lb blocks. Is this correct? Have others had issues with Polly-O? Or am I looking in the wrong place for my moisture problem.

thanks guys,
Todd

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
Re: Polly-O Question
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 12:34:14 AM »
Todd,

Not sure about your Polly O question but I too use Boars Heads cheeses on my pizza.  I find that this combination works great.

75% Mozzarella
25% Provolone
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

pizzapan